Forums > Gaming forum > Gaming computer?

GAMING COMPUTER?
Previous | 1 | Next

Should I get one? Ive heard theyre the sh!t from some of my mates who have got them. Ive only got a PS3 at the moment but ive got a logitech which i could hook up to the computer. Seen some going cheap on amazon. Is it worth it for all the sweet racing games?

Define gaming pc

Yes.

Don't pay over the odds for a machine that has an i7 - most games barely stretch an i5. Overclocking doesn't hurt though.

I have a i5 2500k @ 5gigs and that's still fast enough to run most games with my GPU which is an EVGA GTX670 FTW. Then I have 16 gigs of RAM but you would probably just about get away with 12. Motherboard wise do not buy Asus and make sure its water cooled I have a Khuler H920 and its awesome.

Gaming keyboards are shite get a Filko 10 keyless or DAS and a decent 7.1 USB headset for sound.

For the case don't touch anything other than Coolermaster

Mice never ever get anything that's not from Razer.

Cheers

Steve

Updated December 17, 2012 at 6:04 PM

_Steveo_ said...

Motherboard wise do not buy Asus and make sure its water cooled I have a Khuler H920 and its awesome.

What's your beef with ASUS?

Alienware if you have a few bob spare. It will cost but they are pretty ninja.

--

Bunta's Tofu

http://www.chillblast.com/

--

The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on.

IaFG Supercharged Muppet Division

Bunta said...

Alienware if you have a few bob spare. It will cost but they are pretty ninja.

Dude Alienware is a lot of money for something not that special.

Always build your own.

Cheers

Steve

Buy bits of ebuyer and build yourself, it's a lot cheaper.

Intel i5, Nvidia 660GTX and 4gb ram would be perfect. I have never utilised more than 3gb of ram when gaming so 8-16gb would be a waste unless you plan to do some heavy stuff.

Updated December 30, 2012 at 12:28 PM

Nonsense here is my computer running BF3

Cheers

Steve

10 GB and climbing whilst playing BF3..? You either got a lot of other apps running or you have a memory leak..W8 and BF3

8gb-12gb should reasonably future proof you for gaming alone. My Pc has 'only' 4gb and runs BF3, Arma and Farcry3 without breaking a sweat.

Netbeans and a couple of oracle databases and weblogic and websphere servers + sonar/jira/Jenkins and nexus are the only other things running.

Cheers

Steve

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular