Forums > General > Jaguar C-X75

JAGUAR C-X75
Previous | 12 | Next

Yep. Stillborn

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise. Jag must have been kidding themselves if they thought any billionaire would buy a £800k hypercar with a 1.6 litre 4 pot at its heart... :roll:

And as for the turbine engines originally proposed; yeah right.

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

Quelle surprise, Raquel.

--

Out of step with the forum.

They could have done a reverse "XJ220" solution and built it with a twin turbo V8 :lol:

Be nice if one of the mags could get hold of one of the prototypes, I've been told it was fast as f**k and would have been one of the fastest, if not the fastest accelerating production cars.

I am yet to read any articles regarding this, but I think Jag has missed a trick here... Shame:?

--

Tree Trunks, I'm all jacked up because of you. Look at my jacked up face!

:(. Shame, looked really good and had the press all excited (even though that doesn't take much).

--

Nuts on the road

:( Unfortunately I think it's probably the right call though. I was so looking forward to reading a road test with this against the Porsche 918 and McLaren P1. They're still going to build 5, and sell 2 of those, so if you've got enough money...

Updated December 11, 2012 at 11:21 AM

--

Entirely pointless

Nobody really thought they were going to make them though, did they?!

27Gilles said...

I am yet to read any articles regarding this, but I think Jag has missed a trick here... Shame:?

Stick a production engine in it, keep the price sensible and you have the new Etype;)

Updated December 12, 2012 at 10:24 AM

PugRallye2 said...

Nobody really thought they were going to make them though, did they?!

Nope. Belongs to the same category as the 3,487 new Lotus models we were promised.

p7ulg said...

27Gilles said...

Stick a production engine in it, keep the price sensible and you have the new Etype;)

Yep. Get over the ego-wank of it being a hybrid and just make a great performing/handling car with THAT body! Would sell as many as they could make at the £150k region I would think.

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

Meh, I thought the tech was interesting but it looks rubbish. It's just a bitsa of Jag design cues with no identity of it's own.

--

I often drive for a road travel

I'm not too keen on the front styling, but the rest of the car looks good. Jag need to grow a pair and convert a concept into production and stop fannying about:roll:

--

Why though? I don't see where a mid engined hypercar fits into Jaguar as a company and the last time they tried to half ass a supercar concept into production it was a balls up of monumental proportions.

--

That's because the hoodwinked their clients - no v12, no 4x4, no gad-fly doors...

Even if it was a limited run of 100-300 cars, they should ive it a decent bash.

--

I don't see how that's different to this.

"It's going to have badass turbines and electric motors"

to

"It's going to have a kinda interesting high power turbo engine and electric motors"

to

"Fvck it we'll just stick the V8 from the XK into it, or maybe even that new 6 cylinder engine we've got. See it's like the XJ220 because that ended up with a V6 amirite"

They'd probably struggle with packaging as well because it was never actually designed to have a massive engine in it anyway.

--

Over the years all the UK based car magazines and car based TV shows attribute loads of pages/time to any new concept car brought out by Jaguar.
Top Gear on TV followed by Evo are by far the worst.

And each time we get the 'look what we can do' sh*te! And each time Jaguar do sweat F.A. with them.

So, please Evo, next time Jaguar do a new concept, ignore it. If they ask why, just tell them to either do something with it or stop wasting your/their time.

JohnmcS2000 said...

Over the years all the UK based car magazines and car based TV shows attribute loads of pages/time to any new concept car brought out by Jaguar.
Top Gear on TV followed by Evo are by far the worst.

And each time we get the 'look what we can do' sh*te! And each time Jaguar do sweat F.A. with them.

So, please Evo, next time Jaguar do a new concept, ignore it. If they ask why, just tell them to either do something with it or stop wasting your/their time.

Like the R-D6, which thankfully was stillborn

The weird things with Jaaag is that they have sold a shite car on the coat tails of the E-type for years which was the XJS. They then sold the other cars over the 90's on the sheepskin jacket of the XJ. Squint and you might think it is a Mk2 if you have had a few to many whiskeys..
Lets be honest it has been for years neh decades the car that says "I love British cars and I will go down with the ship if I have to!!"
The C-X75 is no different. They could have made it a limited run thru a seperate production company anywhere in the world and charged £800,000. But that would be logical. Better to put a Subaru Impreza spoiler on an XFR-S and paint it baby blue

--

Whiskey is my yoga

Sisu said...

The weird things with Jaaag is that they have sold a shite car on the coat tails of the E-type for years which was the XJS. They then sold the other cars over the 90's on the sheepskin jacket of the XJ. Squint and you might think it is a Mk2 if you have had a few to many whiskeys..
Lets be honest it has been for years neh decades the car that says "I love British cars and I will go down with the ship if I have to!!"
The C-X75 is no different. They could have made it a limited run thru a seperate production company anywhere in the world and charged £800,000. But that would be logical. Better to put a Subaru Impreza spoiler on an XFR-S and paint it baby blue

This is where Jaguar's strategy was wrong.They will never sell £800K cars, that is the territory of Ferrari and Bugatti. What Jaguar sold was dreams, the E type was a car to rival the Ferrari 250 GTO at a fraction of the price, not go head to head with it.The XJ and it's Daimler equivalents were for people who would have driven a Rolls Royce or a Bentley if they could have afforded one.What Jaguar have got to do is get back into the dream business.

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular