Forums > General > Obama approves black boxes

OBAMA APPROVES BLACK BOXES
Previous | 1 | Next

Obama administration has approved black boxes to be fitted to all new cars and light trucks produced in America by September 2014

Article

--

Cheers,
James

To be brutally honest it would good idea in this country, especially if they linked them to insurance companies and things like "does the driver have the lights turned on when using the car at 11pm" etc.

From a purist point of view I hope they can be removed.

Orange Cola said...

From a purist point of view I hope they can be removed.

"Failure to adhere to court orders or even having the EDR installed in a vehicle would result in civil penalties against American citizens."

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I reckon he only put them in cars because its called a black box and he is black.
It's like he didn't do anything great in his presidency to be remembered for. We've had previous guys start wars in the Middle East, go to the moon and what not but Obama was like "yo dawg, im'ma get me some of those black boxes. Every time people talk about cars they will talk of the black boxes by the black president and I will never be fogotten dawg"

--

How about not having a sig at all?

Mito Man said...

I reckon he only put them in cars because its called a black box and he is black.
It's like he didn't do anything great in his presidency to be remembered for. We've had previous guys start wars in the Middle East, go to the moon and what not but Obama was like "yo dawg, im'ma get me some of those black boxes. Every time people talk about cars they will talk of the black boxes by the black president and I will never be fogotten dawg"

Will you ever mature???

--

Nuts on the road

i thought EU cars already had this and plans to extend it further, the ecall system looks good until you realise it logs GPS data and speed as well and can be used for road pricing (which is its primary function)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-18677335

oh and Dave wants to log every email you send and every web page you visit as well

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-20668953

Updated December 11, 2012 at 4:40 AM

--

Making pancake mix on your mums pancake tits

WIBBLE

Yep, loads of cars already have them and they have pulled logs to help prosecute before (although mainly in the US?).

And EU are about to put through legislation prohibiting the disabling of ESP/TC which will spoil all our fun.

What with Mercedes, BMW and others already developing robocars capable of driving themselves, we really are rapidly approaching the end of fun, performance motoring; a lot sooner than most of you think.

I've been saying this for a few years now, but basically, stretch to the most extreme performance car you can afford (or not) and enjoy it whilst you can.

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

You have been saying this forever David, but things still seem to rumble on same as ever.

JL said...

You have been saying this forever David, but things still seem to rumble on same as ever.

only because the EU is such a slow leviathan, even if they do nothing oil costs over the next 20 years will pretty much kill of V8 hooning

--

WIBBLE

JL said...

So said the dinosaurs for a couple of hundred million years...

:lol:

I'm wondering if a projected side effect of the massive cuts in traffic policing is allowing the rise in road deaths (which has already started after reaching an all-time low a few years ago) to justify blanket enforcement of lower speed limits?

All in the name of health and safety, and aided generously by the eco-argument.

The sad thing is, I can't think of a single rational argument against our automated transportation future. I just don't want it to happen for purely selfish reasons.

--

www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

David_Yu said...

I've been saying this for a few years now, but basically, stretch to the most extreme performance car you can afford (or not) and enjoy it whilst you can.

Shirley there will always be the cars made before all these blanket rules? They will be considered classics and will therefore be exempt.

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

--

Out of step with the forum.

duncs500 said...

David_Yu said...

Shirley there will always be the cars made before all these blanket rules? They will be considered classics and will therefore be exempt.

Yeah but there will come a time when all traffic, at least on motorways, run in automated "trains". At that point, you can't have manually driven cars mixing in with them.

When the stats for manually driven vs automated accidents are revealed, there will swiftly follow a blanket ban on human-operated cars.

Track days might be the last refuge, but the nimbies are already bleating about those as they are...

--

www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

duncs500 said...

David_Yu said...

I suspect they will program "hidden modes" to disable them or allow the ECU to be programmable to have it turned off

Most ABS systems can be killed by pulling the fuse so probably ESP can as well

Updated December 11, 2012 at 10:33 AM

--

WIBBLE

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular