Forums > General > Honda powered Elise build thread FAO JL

HONDA POWERED ELISE BUILD THREAD FAO JL

No worries Chris, pop round any time.

--

Done.

Dan said...

For you phil we can do much better than that :D

8)

I doff my cap, Dan - looks like you're doing a great job 8)

Looking awesome so far Dan, I assume this will be at the proposed forum trackday at Oulton?

--

Stolen Orions on fire off the hard shoulder of the M8. I watched neds litter in the dark near the Tennents shop. All those... moments... will be lost in time, like [coughs] tears... in... rain. Time... to die...

cant believe how up market Dan is.

I changed my five engine on the roadside.

--

GiraffeIT.com / Installations / Support / Training
evo featured Renault Megane R26 (c) Barry Club.

Just ordered enough gold head reflective film to cover the rear bulkhead, reassuringly expensive :shock:

Might get the engine in this weekend.

--

Done.

No update for a while Dan - surely you haven't let a bit of snow hamper progress?

subscribed :D

Ali. said...

No update for a while Dan - surely you haven't let a bit of snow hamper progress?

Yes, he's probably been out in it.

--

Knackered old hairdresser's sh1tter

I have been inadvertently slowed by the snow yes, I was expecting my gold heat shield to be delivered last friday enabling me to fit it and the engine last weekend. Unfortunately it only turned up yesterday so with a bit of luck and dry weather i'll get back on it this weekend.

--

Done.

A little bit of progress now the snow has cleared, yesterday I picked up some sheet alloy and today did this....

I've also removed the front suspension now and stripped the lot down ready for shot blasting.

--

Done.

Romavable bulk head ??

All the VX220 guys seem to be doing this at the moment

--

New Skool Turbo Power

YouTube Channel

Fabricating a new bulkhead to accommodate throttle bodies. Won't be removable.

--

Done.

Dan said...

Fabricating a new bulkhead to accommodate throttle bodies. Won't be removable.

Been up checking my mates' build up today Dan, he hacked the bulkhead out and hammered some ally into place :lol: Pics on my FB if you fancy a nosey. Nice Pipewerx exhaust on it too 8)

I saw your pics Barry, it looks good. 2.4 as well, should go nicely!

I just picked up some more new bits...a pucka JDM plenum and billet 70mm throttle body.

--

Done.

Oooh shiny!!

Going very nicely :D

Dave!

--

I came here to drink milk and kick ass..... and i've just finished my milk!!!!

Any chance you'll be doing the LOT Anglesey Easter weekend Dan? I'm hoping to be there with that K24 powered Elise, TDiElise and a couple others, and possibly be hiring a Cat for myself. Should be a giggle. 8)

So what's the reason for a removable bulkhead? Access?

--

Romantic BDSM

Gloucester's answer to Eddie Jordan

Jimmy Choo said...

So what's the reason for a removable bulkhead? Access?

The standard bulkhead prevents fitting of most aftermarket throttle bodies to these motors I believe, that's certainly why my mate did that with his project.

You can see the beaten ally in this shot:

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular