Forums > General > Honda powered Elise build thread FAO JL

HONDA POWERED ELISE BUILD THREAD FAO JL

Very cool - maximum respect for doing this yourself on the driveway mate!

--

Bunta's Tofu

Orange Cola said...

Blimey, that's going well Dan! Is the red Elise yours too?

Its my courtesy car while mine is off the road, belongs to my sister :D

--

Done.

Bunta said...

Very cool - maximum respect for doing this yourself on the driveway mate!

Thanks bruce!

--

Done.

Top marks to your sister 8) How many fiddly bits have you found, are expecting to find or do you reckon it'll be straight forward? ;)

It's been a piece of cake so far, but it's not my first time so to speak.

--

Done.

Orange Cola said...

Top marks to your sister 8) How many fiddly bits have you found, are expecting to find or do you reckon it'll be straight forward? ;)

None of this even requires amendment for an effective requote. :shock:

Another productive day out in the freezing cold today, first job was to remove the front end which was nice and easy as all of the bolts came out for a change.

Then it was out with the old radiator and give the front end a little clean up just to get the dirt and grime shifted.

Then back to the rear of the car and its off with the heat shielding / sound deadening from the bulkhead. Who needs sound deadening, if you want quiet buy a Hyundai!

A bit of judicious use of a chisel has removed the majority of the solvent that was left behind, it reminded me of chiselling off all the sound deadening from the floor of my mini years ago :D

Also got myself a magic sponge, it appears they really are magic!

Getting ever closer to slotting the new engine in!

Got myself a nice new knob as well...

--

Done.

Looking good Dan !! Have you got your exhaust sorted yet ?

--

New Skool Turbo Power

YouTube Channel

I've got a temporary manifold, in that its a 4 into 1 and not the best quality, but it'll get me running.

In order to get the proper power out of it I need a 4 - 2 - 1 making to order but that's going to cost me a grand at least.

--

Done.

Ouch :shock: Plenty of time to save if you have a temporary one to get you up and running !!

I am saving for a LSD for mine at the minute which is gonna be around a £1000 - £1200 fitted with a new clutch, the problem is I keep finding other stuff to spend the money on :oops:

--

New Skool Turbo Power

YouTube Channel

Yep, it'll be the difference between 220 and 235hp though so it'll be cheap horsepower relatively.

I wouldn't be able to sleep at night without LSD :lol:

--

Done.

It plays on my mind constantly :cry:

--

New Skool Turbo Power

YouTube Channel

You keeping it standard dan? I looked into a mad NA build but the costs va supercharging were just crazy!

Best compliment I can pay to charging it is that it feels like it no longer has vtec, the torque everywhere totally transforms the driveability.

--

A yellow loltus

I remember me and my mates Monkey Stew changing the dampers on the AE86 in freezing conditions, a nightmare.

Respect young Sir 8)

This one will be standard bar the inlet mods foz, then I will build a stroker to replace it.

2.3, 300hp and 200lb ft, instant throttle response and no heat management issues....what's not to like. Don't get me wrong, I like the supercharged cars a lot, but when I do track days I tend to stay out on track for 30+ minutes at a time and that would take some serious expenditure on the heat management side of things.

--

Done.

The standard Honda isn't exactly slow and is absolutely unburstable, assuming you sort the oil starvation! What striker kit you looking at?

Sure you don't what to just do it once and once only? My time is just too precious to even consider going back to further develop mine!

--

A yellow loltus

Foz said...

The standard Honda isn't exactly slow and is absolutely unburstable, assuming you sort the oil starvation! What striker kit you looking at?

Sure you don't what to just do it once and once only? My time is just too precious to even consider going back to further develop mine!

If I had limitless funds then yes, i'd build a monster now. But for now this is all I can stretch to...it'll be a clockwise stroker kit no doubt in the future though.

The sump is baffled, hopefully that'll do the job.

--

Done.

This is going to be an awesome motor - can't wait to see it up and running.

For you phil we can do much better than that :D

--

Done.

Phil is correct. Apologies for dismal cuppa failure over weekend, will come and have a looksee soon!

--

Caterham 7 - Seat, steering wheel, pedals, er... Lights?

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular