Forums > General > Honda powered Elise build thread FAO JL

HONDA POWERED ELISE BUILD THREAD FAO JL

I made a little more progress on christmas eve but haven't got around to writing it up yet.

I managed to use a shot blasting cabinet locally to blast the sump that I recently got off ebay, as the later Z spec sump is much deeper and wouldn't allow the undertray to fit if I stuck with it. It was pretty scabby when I got it and not much better after I paid a tenner for a place in brum to supposedly blast it. Looks nice now though.

Also got my baffle installed now....

Timed the engine in and put the side back on...

Hey presto it looks like an engine again...

--

Done.

Good progress so far, the build seems to be coming along quite quickly 8)

--

Stolen Orions on fire off the hard shoulder of the M8. I watched neds litter in the dark near the Tennents shop. All those... moments... will be lost in time, like [coughs] tears... in... rain. Time... to die...

Dan is now baffled.

Loving this thread. Makes me want a project car (and a clue about what I'm doing...).

Out of interest, Dan: did you learn this through reading, on the fly, or as part of work*? Any advice for a wannabe?

*Apologies if this has been done before. I'd search, but...

--

MarDoubleT

"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races."

Keep it coming dan, loving the thread.

--

For sure

8) I really wish I had these skills. Keep it up Dan, and the car will be on the road in no time ;)

--

I can only please one person a day. Today is not your day and tomorrow don't look good either.

Boi got da mad skillz 8)

MarDoubleT said...

Loving this thread. Makes me want a project car (and a clue about what I'm doing...).

Out of interest, Dan: did you learn this through reading, on the fly, or as part of work*? Any advice for a wannabe?

*Apologies if this has been done before. I'd search, but...

Just from having a go. I drive a mouse and keyboard for a living.

--

Done.

Having worked with Dan on a car, I can back up the fact that he not only has skills but also won't let anything beat him, which helps a lot. Personally, I will never, ever, ever attempt to remove the turbos from a Skyline GTR ever again.

--

What's the difference between a BMW and a hedgehog?

Whereas i'd think, 'having done it once, it'll be easy this time round' :D

Tonight's update - gearbox finished, engine and box ready to drop in the car :D

Heres the wavetrac diff and gearset installed in the case

Thankfully the diff shimmed up perfectly, so no messing around with different sized shims required. New diff bearings have gone on as a matter of course.

Gearbox complete...

--

Done.

8)

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

Dan said...

Whereas i'd think, 'having done it once, it'll be easy this time round' :D

To be fair, getting the 2nd turbo off was really easy :lol:

--

Is it in yet?

--

GiraffeIT.com / Installations / Support / Training
evo featured Renault Megane R26 (c) Barry Club.

Started the exciting bit today...

Only two captive nuts came free requiring some easing with the angle grinder, not too bad I thought.

And here it is on its new trolley in all its glory :D

]

--

Done.

You ought to be ashamed of those rusty wishbones.

--

Oh I am. All the wishbones are coming off and being blasted and powder coated 8)

--

Done.

8)

--

Ben

On your driveway :lol:

--

A yellow loltus

Well today didn't start terrifically well after I bent my old torque wrench trying undo the driveshafts...probably time to ease off the gym :lol:

I therefore decided that the best course of action was to remove the entire rear end fully built up.

From there it was a pretty easy process of disconnecting everything and draining the water.

Before dropping the engine out on another little trolley i'd made, I'm getting carried away with castors I think, I should stop before I fit two to the rear of the elise when its finished :D

Thats it for today, tucked up for the night again...

--

Done.

Blimey, that's going well Dan! Is the red Elise yours too?

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular