Forums > Moaning forum > The Congestion Charge

THE CONGESTION CHARGE
Previous | 1 | Next

Gah, just found a PCN that was dated 26th Oct. If I'd have paid it by 24th Nov it would have been a mere £180. Now, who knows!?

Fvck knows why I went into it, but it was at 17:55 on a Friday, and my clock in my car has been a bit out, so must have just thought it was after 6pm.:evil:

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

Bloody hell, how much could this fine be if 180 quid is "only"? :shock:

That's a bugger - I believe you can set it up to charge you automatically if you drive in, for a £10 initial fee but a £1 saving each time you use the zone. Seems a very good idea for avoiding such problems.

--

JL said...

Oh b*llocks you're right

duncs500 said...

Gah, just found a PCN that was dated 26th Oct. If I'd have paid it by 24th Nov it would have been a mere £180. Now, who knows!?

This is ridiculous.

Rang them up and told them I'd only just got it because I've just moved house (sort of true), and she asked me what I would like to happen...

So I said: 'Er, well seeing as I only just saw it can I just pay the original £60 fine?'

She put me on hold and then came back and said they will do that as a good will gesture. £60 is £60, all for a 5 minute misdemeanour, but I still see that as a bit of a result.8)

And a tip for anyone who finds themself in the same situation and wants a bit of damage limitation.

--

- Uninspiring soundtrack

Jobbo said...

That's a bugger - I believe you can set it up to charge you automatically if you drive in, for a £10 initial fee but a £1 saving each time you use the zone. Seems a very good idea for avoiding such problems.

Probably right Simon, unfortunately I'm one of those people who when people moan about it, tell them it's easy to avoid!:roll:

Must have had my head in the clouds on that particular occasion (either that or my clock was more wrong than I realised).

Updated December 10, 2012 at 12:30 PM

--

- Uninspiring soundtrack

Good news in getting out of the extortionate late payers' fine :D And my post wasn't intended to be a snide DIW but it's something I've only just discovered, so it might be useful. I am equally confident about saying it's easy to avoid, but then I don't drive round the fringes of the City or Westminster regularly.

Updated December 10, 2012 at 12:35 PM

--

JL said...

Oh b*llocks you're right

Jobbo said...

Good news in getting out of the extortionate late payers' fine :D And my post wasn't intended to be a snide DIW but it's something I've only just discovered, so it might be useful. I am equally confident about saying it's easy to avoid, but then I don't drive round the fringes of the City or Westminster regularly.

I didn't take it as a DIW, but you're right, if you drive in and around London a lot it's got to be worth it. Even driving round the fringes it's easy to avoid if you're thinking about it, I think I was caught out by an early dart on a Friday afternoon and going out of my routine (to pick up parcel).

--

- Uninspiring soundtrack

It'll even pay for itself after 10 journeys so it's a financial saving. Win all round :D If it exists and works as I was told, anyway... :lol:

--

JL said...

Oh b*llocks you're right

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular