Forums > Moaning forum > The Congestion Charge

THE CONGESTION CHARGE
Previous | 1 | Next

Gah, just found a PCN that was dated 26th Oct. If I'd have paid it by 24th Nov it would have been a mere £180. Now, who knows!?

Fvck knows why I went into it, but it was at 17:55 on a Friday, and my clock in my car has been a bit out, so must have just thought it was after 6pm.:evil:

--

Now stop trolling me you hat-wearing thundermut.

Bloody hell, how much could this fine be if 180 quid is "only"? :shock:

--

Much blasphemy ensued, and some menace, which I stopped by dismounting and opening the carriage door, and intimating an intention of mending the road with his immediate remains, if he did not hold his tongue. He held it.

That's a bugger - I believe you can set it up to charge you automatically if you drive in, for a £10 initial fee but a £1 saving each time you use the zone. Seems a very good idea for avoiding such problems.

--

YOLO

duncs500 said...

Gah, just found a PCN that was dated 26th Oct. If I'd have paid it by 24th Nov it would have been a mere £180. Now, who knows!?

This is ridiculous.

--

M235i -- DCR, no dogging privacy glass, carbon manuel knob and a straight steering wheel

Rang them up and told them I'd only just got it because I've just moved house (sort of true), and she asked me what I would like to happen...

So I said: 'Er, well seeing as I only just saw it can I just pay the original £60 fine?'

She put me on hold and then came back and said they will do that as a good will gesture. £60 is £60, all for a 5 minute misdemeanour, but I still see that as a bit of a result.8)

And a tip for anyone who finds themself in the same situation and wants a bit of damage limitation.

--

Jobbo said...

That's a bugger - I believe you can set it up to charge you automatically if you drive in, for a £10 initial fee but a £1 saving each time you use the zone. Seems a very good idea for avoiding such problems.

Probably right Simon, unfortunately I'm one of those people who when people moan about it, tell them it's easy to avoid!:roll:

Must have had my head in the clouds on that particular occasion (either that or my clock was more wrong than I realised).

Updated December 10, 2012 at 12:30 PM

--

Good news in getting out of the extortionate late payers' fine :D And my post wasn't intended to be a snide DIW but it's something I've only just discovered, so it might be useful. I am equally confident about saying it's easy to avoid, but then I don't drive round the fringes of the City or Westminster regularly.

Updated December 10, 2012 at 12:35 PM

--

YOLO

Jobbo said...

Good news in getting out of the extortionate late payers' fine :D And my post wasn't intended to be a snide DIW but it's something I've only just discovered, so it might be useful. I am equally confident about saying it's easy to avoid, but then I don't drive round the fringes of the City or Westminster regularly.

I didn't take it as a DIW, but you're right, if you drive in and around London a lot it's got to be worth it. Even driving round the fringes it's easy to avoid if you're thinking about it, I think I was caught out by an early dart on a Friday afternoon and going out of my routine (to pick up parcel).

--

It'll even pay for itself after 10 journeys so it's a financial saving. Win all round :D If it exists and works as I was told, anyway... :lol:

--

YOLO

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular