Forums > General > Diagrammatic Testing

DIAGRAMMATIC TESTING
Previous | 1 | Next

Morning everyone,

I've just heard from Jaguar Land Rover that they're interested in my application.

They've sent me a test with the usual basic maths and english questions. But they've also included a 'diagrammatic reasoning' test which as far as i can tell a logic based one, but is literally a mixture of shaded circles and triangles.

Has anyone done one of these before? If yes have you got any tips?

Cheers

--

Do not act as if thou wert going to live ten thousand years. Death hangs over thee. While thou livest, while it is in thy power, be good.

Is this the one where you have 4 or 5 shapes which have been rotated and you then have to say which one is the original shape?

If so they are easy and just take a little paper spinning for some.

Dave!

--

I came here to drink milk and kick ass..... and i've just finished my milk!!!!

the example i've been looking at involves two sizes of circles and triangles with a list of functions.

You have to identify the functions to get to the end result in change of size/shading.

--

Do not act as if thou wert going to live ten thousand years. Death hangs over thee. While thou livest, while it is in thy power, be good.

Simon_667 said...

the example i've been looking at involves two sizes of circles and triangles with a list of functions.

You have to identify the functions to get to the end result in change of size/shading.

I've only seen those tests on computer where you have a time limit.

SCan one and put it on here :D

Dave!

--

http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/business-school/currentstudents/careers/career_process/accessingopportunities/psychometric/onlinetests

Go on savill consulting and follow preparation guide for diagrammatic analysis

I would do a link but i'm entirely too thick to know how to.

--

Simon those are really very simple, are you struggling with them? That's not far off 11+ entry requirements in terms of mental dexterity if the Prep Guide is anything to go by.

It's just a logic test, similar to the sort of thing used in IQ tests.

GraniteV8 said...

Is this the one where you have 4 or 5 shapes which have been rotated and you then have to say which one is the original shape?

Dave!

Dave! you're thinking of this, aren't you:

JL said...

Simon those are really very simple, are you struggling with them? That's not far off 11+ entry requirements in terms of mental dexterity if the Prep Guide is anything to go by.

I'm just a bit nervous JL! I've been looking at the examples and i can do them. I'm just more concerned about the time limit- 8 questions in 6 minutes

I'm fine with the maths and english portion, its just i've never had to do these before

--

JL said...

GraniteV8 said...

Dave!

Dave! you're thinking of this, aren't you:

Pah, colours make it easy :roll:

I'm thinking of the ones where you have a shape with a cutout in or shaded area, then you have a series of shapes which are the same which are at different angles or flipped etc and you then have 3 or 4 seconds to choose which is which.

If you get it right you get a piece of cheese :lol:

Dave!

--

Simon_667 said...

JL said...

I'm just a bit nervous JL! I've been looking at the examples and i can do them. I'm just more concerned about the time limit- 8 questions in 6 minutes

I'm fine with the maths and english portion, its just i've never had to do these before

Unfortunately mate you can either do them or you can't, I don't think there's any specific advice to give here other than to say read each question carefully, don't rush and leave enough time to check each answer over once. 6 minutes is longer than you think; this is as much about time management as anything.

And there are no trick questions - follow the logical process.

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular