Forums > Moaning forum > Ebay sub par intelligence

EBAY SUB PAR INTELLIGENCE
Previous | 1 | Next

I sold an old laptop last week and sent it out parcel force and thought i'd check today to see if it had been delivered and sure enough signed for by someone with the same surname as the buyer on Friday morning and a nice copy of their sig.
This evening I get a message from the buyer saying it hasn't be received. I mean what sort of intelligence do these people have? I sent them all the nice pages from Royal Mail.
Wonder if he'll have the front to try a dispute and claim, surely not?

Carl.

Someone I know runs a business through ebay and has the same problem. They find sending a copy of the signature usually shuts them up.

i've known deliver drivers who will dump stuff @ an address a put a reasonable-enough-looking signature of their own on the sheet afterwards.

wank3rs. if you don't want to be a delivery driver, don't be. :/

Updated December 10, 2012 at 2:11 AM

phut said...

i've known deliver drivers who will dump stuff @ an address a put a reasonable-enough-looking signature of their own on the sheet afterwards.

wank3rs. if you don't want to be a delivery driver, don't be. :/

I have heard anecdotal evidence about this but not experienced it.

This person is still claiming they haven't got it and said they didn't like my attitude when I said 'they'd have to do better than that', what would he expect if I had a proof of delivery?

Anyway I guess if it really hasn't been delivered he will have to go to the police and get a crime number so I can claim in the insurance against RM as I am pretty sure EBay will side with me.

Carl.

I'm sure I only hear the negative aspects of eBay, but it really does appear to be a hateful way to sell stuff, and buy to a lesser extent.

Getting on for nearly 600 in feedback since about 2001 and I have only been 'done' once quite a while ago as a buyer and lost about £70. This was before Paypal, the compensation and ebay buyer protection came along. Everything has been good since.
2 bad transactions in 11 years isn't too bad, I usually only have cause to complain about idiots from overseas that ask if I will ship a phone there when it says in the ad no overseas shipping.
I've told this guy he is going to have to front up to the police and get a crime number so I can claim against RM which means he is committing fraud if it has been delivered. If he gets a crime number fair play to him we'll go for compensation. Won't pay him though until they pay me' until RM agree it was stolen I will assume he has it as I have the PoD.

Carl.

If he is trying to scam you then I hope he goes all the way and really gets in trouble for it.

I wouldn't be too sure he is being a moronic tit though as i've had 2 parcels falsely signed for, 1 which was stolen and cost me a few hundred.

As we also had a parcel which had "Do not bend" written all over it thrown over our gate and wrecked only for us to find it a day later by a Royal Mail delivery twit they are not the sharpest tools in the shed and really couldn't give a crap aslong as it's out of their bag.

Dave!

--

I came here to drink milk and kick ass..... and i've just finished my milk!!!!

If it does turn up like this he can ship it back and I'll claim the compensation which is fine. I can't help but get the feeling he is trying it on though. If he goes to police though he will either be telling the truth or have balls of steel.

Carl.

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular