:shock:

--

Romantic BDSM

Gloucester's answer to Eddie Jordan

Ahh, simpler times! 8)

8)

--

Bunta's Tofu

People were loaded then going by the prices of those pos.

--

How about not having a sig at all?

$3500 for a 12MB hard drive :lol:

--

She's built like a steakhouse but she handles like a bistro.

NotoriousREV said...

Reminds me of this:

Price of 1 gigabyte of storage over time: 1981 $300,000 1987 $50,000 1990 $10,000 1994 $1,000 1997 $100 2000 $10 2004 $1 2012 $0.10

the developments and advances are mind blowing when you see this

Blimey! Some memory's there. I remember we had a TRS80 when I was a kid. Although it was a Tandy branded one. Only game we had for it was Dino Wars.

Are they worth much now?

Ah, the good old days! I remember the TRS-80/16s at the college where I did my 'A' Level computer studies.

I can remember 8" floppies and acoustic hoods for printers too.

--

Something witty goes here.....

Jorg Gray Ltd Edition Watch Number : 313631

Delphi said...

I can remember 8" floppies

:shock:

Is this your coming out?

--

Nuts on the road

I still have an 8" floppy.
I used it in CAD/CAM at Uni.

--

Knackered old hairdresser's sh1tter

Marv said...

NotoriousREV said...

Reminds me of this:

Price of 1 gigabyte of storage over time: 1981 $300,000 1987 $50,000 1990 $10,000 1994 $1,000 1997 $100 2000 $10 2004 $1 2012 $0.10

My old man worked for ICL in the 70's and he remembers £1m per Mb :shock:. I had that very conversation with him when I picked up a 4Gb flash drive at staples for 60p a few weeks ago.

Si_ said...

I still have an 8" floppy.

And that explains what your wife sees in you.:lol:

--

Romantic BDSM

Gloucester's answer to Eddie Jordan

<No comment>

8):lol:

--

Knackered old hairdresser's sh1tter

it's interesting how work marketed computers used to be. Even the home computers are aimed at being used as tools. Now all people care about their computer doing is playing angry birds and updating twitter. Several billion times the processing power and less work gets done :roll:

Loganmotor said...

Several billion times the processing power and less work gets done :roll:

Especially annoying when you check Task Manager and find 2gb of my 6gb RAM is being used just to run my O/S and Chrome browser(s) :roll: Shameful.

This is what annoys me the most. The ever more power hungry computer software.

--

How about not having a sig at all?

JustMax said...

My old man worked for ICL in the 70's and he remembers £1m per Mb :shock:. I had that very conversation with him when I picked up a 4Gb flash drive at staples for 60p a few weeks ago.

As a college placement I did some operating on an ICL 2966. They had these exchangeable disk packs of a whacking 100Mb each. You can see them in this photo here and they weighed quite a bit and were about 2 feet across.

--

Something witty goes here.....

Jorg Gray Ltd Edition Watch Number : 313631

Delphi said...

JustMax said...

As a college placement I did some operating on an ICL 2966. They had these exchangeable disk packs of a whacking 100Mb each. You can see them in this photo here and they weighed quite a bit and were about 2 feet across.

I had a play on a 2966 on a bring your kid to work day in the early 80s. Being about seven I basically just typed whatever my dad told me to type but I thought it was very cool.
He still has a '2950' badge in his home office, same font as the 2966 and about the same size as the screen I'm staring at right now :D.

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular