Forums > General > Bizarrely one of the first cars to catch my eye in a long time

BIZARRELY ONE OF THE FIRST CARS TO CATCH MY EYE IN A LONG TIME
Previous | 12 | Next

1997 Supra - 2ZJ, manual, looks like it's in great nick. Even a proper LHD one. Thought I would have grown out of this sort of thing years ago!

20k though :(

Your link text

Nothing bizzare there JL. These are very 8). There's black one near me that I love to see. My kids say it looks crap, but what do they know.

--

Nuts on the road

I have a very good contact in Dubai for cars if you are interesting in anything James.

--

GiraffeIT.com / Installations / Support / Training
evo featured Renault Megane R26 (c) Barry Club.

I'm interested in talking about them and not buying them, see how that grabs him Andy :lol:

Whilst this is more than a little modified, I think its worthy of adding Brisk Supra 8)

A little bit too "fast and furious" for me :?

--

Pilouil
Citroen C3 1.4 HDI 69.0424 bhp

Barry said...

Whilst this is more than a little modified, I think its worthy of adding Brisk Supra 8)

:lol:

Couldn't have put it better myself!! (audience guy! 8) )

Updated December 9, 2012 at 2:05 PM

I'd rather have that than a 996 8).

--

I often drive for a road travel

No bonnet scoop, I'm out.

Ah so THAT'S what was missing - knew there was something.

Yep, only fitted to the UK market cars I believe, weird as the Japs are so into their tuning. It was functional too, not just decoration.

Zonda_ said...

Yep, only fitted to the UK market cars I believe, weird as the Japs are so into their tuning. It was functional too, not just decoration.

UK cars also more powerful than Jap ones. And more tunable on standard turbo, intercooler and injectors which iirc were all bigger on the UK spec and probably explains the need for a bonnet scoop.

--

My Flickr

Invisible Speakers

Nice to see that it doesn't have a crappy Veilside bodykit wrecking it. I like the Volk Racing wheels on it though.

My mates one I rebuilt is still going strong8)

I really like Supra's, admittedly they can have image problems sometimes, but under the skin they are quite something from an engineering perspective.

I like how even though Mikes is a twin turbo, it has a rev range that when you wring it out like an n/a motor, the car takes on a totally different persona.

My only gripe is the steering was too over assisted in feel and incredibly light. Once we'd resolved that with different spring and damper rates and used Toyota's original geometry spec as a startpoint it totally transfomed it.

I can remember liking these a lot when they first come out:)

--

Knackered old hairdresser's sh1tter

You're thinking of this:

Compared to that, the Supra is restrained.

A mate had a 3.0 non turbo and a modified Twin Turbo. Great cars really and quite a bit more nimble than I would have though on twisty B roads

--

and from the beginning think what may be the end.

On the side of the screen when I was watching Barry's drag Supra clip was this awful-looking 1m bhp Supra being driven on the highway - dear God what an abortion. Lag lag lag lag lag lag lag lag - fvvvvvvvvvvvvvvt - limiter - BADOOOOSH! Repeat in every gear. Totally gay.

Jamie P supra build, read it on PH in the readers car section.

Then tell us when you have bought that white one :D

Dave!

--

I came here to drink milk and kick ass..... and i've just finished my milk!!!!

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular