Forums > Any other business > A fine pair

A FINE PAIR
Previous | 12 | Next

For Sale, but why would you want to buy them both:roll:

Lovely but the price :shock:

--

M235i

Wish I'd bought an E30 M3 from Germany about 13 years ago. Mint ones were 10K!

Good old 4Star :lol:

--

F*ck the internet, I was doing this My Way.

So £80,000 for each provided you buy both - seems optimistic to me, given that you could get:
an E30 M3 for £23,000
or an E30 M3 evo II for £28,000 without even trying hard...

--

Pilouil
Citroen C3 1.4 HDI 69.0424 bhp

pilouil said...

So £80,000 for each provided you buy both - seems optimistic to me, given that you could get:
an E30 M3 for £23,000
or an E30 M3 evo II for £28,000 without even trying hard...

I agree the price is OTT, but I think they are cashing in on the very low mileage and general overall "unused" condition of both.However why they aren't selling them individually seems odd.

Im sure they're up a pair purely for promotional purposes - to get people like us talking about them.

--

Cheers

Rich

One a bit cheaper on eBay at the moment...

Needs a little tlc...

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

Rich B said...

Im sure they're up a pair purely for promotional purposes - to get people like us talking about them.

Quite.

I was taken with this instead though

--

Ben

integrale_evo said...

Needs a little tlc...

I thought they had straight fours?

Seems a lot of money for one with no tranny.

ExiledChris said...

integrale_evo said...

Needs a little tlc...

I thought they had straight fours?

Seems a lot of money for one with no tranny.

V5 form, not engine :lol:

I really regret not buying one when they were £8k. I bought the GTR instead.

--

The only c-word I'm allowed to use is cockwomble :(

I really regret not buying one when they were £8k. I bought my 968CS instead.

They were starting at £5k or so at one point - notthat i could afford them rhen, but it was the £2k head rebuild discussions at the time that Were scaring a few people back then - oh, with hindsight...

--

Cheers

Rich

Yep, when I was considering one it would've been my daily driver. Conventional wisdom at the time was that they were too fragile for that kind of mileage.

--

The only c-word I'm allowed to use is cockwomble :(

integrale_evo said...

Needs a little tlc...

Shows how much the value of these cars is sky rocketing,nearly £5k bid already on a rolling shell, which obviously will need a lot of bits to make into a rolling car.

It's very sad just how little foresight all of us on here had with regard to the then-future skyrocketing of E30 M3 values.

It was so obvious all along, in terms of its history, desirability, following - the lot.

What did we think - it would suddenly become a worthless old 3-series?

* facepalm *

:(

--

Much blasphemy ensued, and some menace, which I stopped by dismounting and opening the carriage door, and intimating an intention of mending the road with his immediate remains, if he did not hold his tongue. He held it.

JL said...

It's very sad just how little foresight all of us on here had with regard to the then-future skyrocketing of E30 M3 values.

It was so obvious all along, in terms of its history, desirability, following - the lot.

What did we think - it would suddenly become a worthless old 3-series?

* facepalm *

:(

Not all of us, there is a nice red one sat on one of our drives...

I think like rev, it would be too expensive/fragile for every day use and I certainly couldn't afford a play car sat in my garage 10 years ago!

--

Cheers

Rich

I think at their lowest you could pick up a pretty tidy one for £4k. At that point I prefered lancias so bought a cheap one of those instead.

4 years later and the m3s had risen a little, I was on the hunt for an integrale evo, but Tims m3 popped up for sale just when I had the cash in my bank.

The m3 was my everyday car for 3 years, at around 20,000 miles a year. Eventually the gearbox shat itself, and cost £400 to rebuild.

Now they've jumped up quite a bit, and parts are getting hard to find. Running engines with unknown history are making £3k+, gearboxes a grand, so I wouldn't attempt to use mine every day any more.

At one point they were just old 3 series with the wheel on the wrong side. The e36 m3 was out and massively faster, more comfortable, more economical and practical.

Saying that, I didnt buy mine because I had predicted a rise in values, but because I liked them and wanted one, and hope it was old enough to be depreciation proof.

If I had bought an integrale evo for the 8-9k I had planned there's a good chance it's value would have climbed even higher than the m3s, if id managed to stop it rusting away ;)

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular