Forums > General > A fine pair

A FINE PAIR
Previous | 12 | Next

For Sale, but why would you want to buy them both:roll:

Lovely but the price :shock:

Wish I'd bought an E30 M3 from Germany about 13 years ago. Mint ones were 10K!

--

Waiting for the Technological Singularity.

Good old 4Star :lol:

--

This ^

So £80,000 for each provided you buy both - seems optimistic to me, given that you could get:
an E30 M3 for £23,000
or an E30 M3 evo II for £28,000 without even trying hard...

--

Pilouil
Citroen C3 1.4 HDI 69.0424 bhp

pilouil said...

So £80,000 for each provided you buy both - seems optimistic to me, given that you could get:
an E30 M3 for £23,000
or an E30 M3 evo II for £28,000 without even trying hard...

I agree the price is OTT, but I think they are cashing in on the very low mileage and general overall "unused" condition of both.However why they aren't selling them individually seems odd.

Im sure they're up a pair purely for promotional purposes - to get people like us talking about them.

--

Cheers

Rich

One a bit cheaper on eBay at the moment...

Needs a little tlc...

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

Rich B said...

Im sure they're up a pair purely for promotional purposes - to get people like us talking about them.

Quite.

I was taken with this instead though

--

Ben

integrale_evo said...

Needs a little tlc...

I thought they had straight fours?

Seems a lot of money for one with no tranny.

ExiledChris said...

integrale_evo said...

Needs a little tlc...

I thought they had straight fours?

Seems a lot of money for one with no tranny.

V5 form, not engine :lol:

I really regret not buying one when they were £8k. I bought the GTR instead.

--

Jobbo said...

Rev is correct, of course

I really regret not buying one when they were £8k. I bought my 968CS instead.

They were starting at £5k or so at one point - notthat i could afford them rhen, but it was the £2k head rebuild discussions at the time that Were scaring a few people back then - oh, with hindsight...

--

Cheers

Rich

Yep, when I was considering one it would've been my daily driver. Conventional wisdom at the time was that they were too fragile for that kind of mileage.

--

Jobbo said...

Rev is correct, of course

integrale_evo said...

Needs a little tlc...

Shows how much the value of these cars is sky rocketing,nearly £5k bid already on a rolling shell, which obviously will need a lot of bits to make into a rolling car.

It's very sad just how little foresight all of us on here had with regard to the then-future skyrocketing of E30 M3 values.

It was so obvious all along, in terms of its history, desirability, following - the lot.

What did we think - it would suddenly become a worthless old 3-series?

* facepalm *

:(

JL said...

It's very sad just how little foresight all of us on here had with regard to the then-future skyrocketing of E30 M3 values.

It was so obvious all along, in terms of its history, desirability, following - the lot.

What did we think - it would suddenly become a worthless old 3-series?

* facepalm *

:(

Not all of us, there is a nice red one sat on one of our drives...

I think like rev, it would be too expensive/fragile for every day use and I certainly couldn't afford a play car sat in my garage 10 years ago!

--

Cheers

Rich

I think at their lowest you could pick up a pretty tidy one for £4k. At that point I prefered lancias so bought a cheap one of those instead.

4 years later and the m3s had risen a little, I was on the hunt for an integrale evo, but Tims m3 popped up for sale just when I had the cash in my bank.

The m3 was my everyday car for 3 years, at around 20,000 miles a year. Eventually the gearbox shat itself, and cost £400 to rebuild.

Now they've jumped up quite a bit, and parts are getting hard to find. Running engines with unknown history are making £3k+, gearboxes a grand, so I wouldn't attempt to use mine every day any more.

At one point they were just old 3 series with the wheel on the wrong side. The e36 m3 was out and massively faster, more comfortable, more economical and practical.

Saying that, I didnt buy mine because I had predicted a rise in values, but because I liked them and wanted one, and hope it was old enough to be depreciation proof.

If I had bought an integrale evo for the 8-9k I had planned there's a good chance it's value would have climbed even higher than the m3s, if id managed to stop it rusting away ;)

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular