Forums > General > Spotted - MG3

SPOTTED - MG3
Previous | 1 | Next

I didn't even know this existed. Certainly doesn't seem to be on sale in the UK, but I spotted it in Hockley Heath. Quite decent looking thing from all angles (only got a photo from behind):

--

JL said...

Oh b*llocks you're right

No Atomix version? :(

--

Impreza WRX STi Spec-C V-Limited Toshi Arai Edition/ GTR/ Panda 100HP Pandamonium/ 320d MSport

Wait until it's on sale and you might find Kerry Katona promoting it.

--

JL said...

Oh b*llocks you're right

I've had one overnight a couple of times. China version has been out for sometime, European version out towards the end of next year, bigger wheels, better spec, DS3 type DRL's etc.

1.5 engine ain't the best. Decent packaging and handles pretty well.

Updated December 7, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Oh and I worked on the console,IP and cross car beam

Updated December 7, 2012 at 5:51 PM

Looks like a nice little car. Hopefully they'll make a hot version with a revvy N/A engine to rival the Corsa VXR et al.

--

Stolen Orions on fire off the hard shoulder of the M8. I watched neds litter in the dark near the Tennents shop. All those... moments... will be lost in time, like [coughs] tears... in... rain. Time... to die...

_Mick_N said...

Oh and I worked on the console,IP and cross car beam

Does this mean dashboard?

Its a tidy looking hatchback, hopefully it'll drive nice.

I was in my courtesy Mini when I spotted it. It struck me as apposite that I was in a German interpretation of a British supermini looking at a Chinese interpretation. The Chinese have got the looks pretty right; bet they don't get the driving and living with bits quite so correct in comparison.

--

JL said...

Oh b*llocks you're right

Yes instrument panel or Facia.

Styled by Tony William and his team at Longbridge. The European version will be a lot more MG, so different bumpers, suspension, wheels etc. It's Punto size by the way. Its major market is China where it sells shi*t loads.

Engine is 1.5 but its that that let's it down, a Turbo version would be nice.

Updated December 8, 2012 at 7:56 AM

I like the look of it. And the MG6 for that matter. But why is it the Koreans, Chinese et al always settle for rubbish engines? Hyundai has ruined good cars with mediocre engines as has Kia. More should be invested in that side of things, I feel.

Looks ok to me, yesterday I spotted a new focus ST estate in white. It looked ok but I'm still a bit confused as to if it will sell very well

--

For sure

The Koreans have progressed a lot engine wise lately. I expect that the chinese will do the same.

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular