Forums > General > Jake's BBC F1 replacement

JAKE'S BBC F1 REPLACEMENT
Previous | 12 | Next

Between Suzi Perry and Lee McKenzie, apparently.

Please don't let it be Perry. She's a flirty tart and would lower the tone (I can't believe I'mm typing these words!) and is not what's needed.

Lee McKenzie every time for me please.

Marv said...

Sounds like a nice place to be

--

Cheers,
Mike

well a wet bag of sand would have more personality then JH and Suzi has nicer tits

but i think i will stick with Martin B :)

--

Making pancake mix on your mums pancake tits

WIBBLE

Eric Pisch said...

well a wet bag of sand would have more personality then JH and Suzi has nicer tits

Pervert.

Lee for me, suzi has had her time and she should stick to motorbikes.

Pity though, jake was excellent at the role IMO.

--

Cheers

Rich

Marv said...

McKenzie gets on my tits and Perry's are heading South so neither for me.

Hadn't even started the job :( RIP.

speedingfine said...

Hadn't even started the job :( RIP.

:lol:

Was he pushed or walked?

--

The Clio 200 - has gone :(
The ST220 - has gone :(
The Golf R - is HERE!

ST220 said...

Was he pushed or walked?

Walked. His passion is football and he's gone to host the Premiership on BT TV.

I thought he was good. I liked the fact that he didn't pretend to be an expert and asked good questions of DC and EJ. I think a lot of people new to F1 would have got a lot out of that.

--

Jobbo said...

Rev is correct, of course

NotoriousREV said...

ST220 said...

Was he pushed or walked?

I thought he was good. I liked the fact that he didn't pretend to be an expert and asked good questions of DC and EJ. I think a lot of people new to F1 would have got a lot out of that.

So the wrong guy for the job all along?

I hope Lee doesn't get it. She was awful when standing in for Jake last season.

Perry at least has the experience and a damn sight better looking too.

I'd give it to DC.

Dr.(tbc) Alex said...

NotoriousREV said...

ST220 said...

Was he pushed or walked?

So the wrong guy for the job all along?

Not at all. He presented with passion, enthusiasm and made excellent use of his expert co-presenters to make the sport accessible for all and managed to keep the armchair experts entertained.

An all expert panel would be dull, IMHO.

--

Jobbo said...

Rev is correct, of course

Eric Pisch said...

Actually, Martin B has a pretty impressive set of moobs...

When F1 was purely on the BBC I found Jake quite frustrating because of all his newbie questions. I guess newcomers liked him and all the basic questions but it was dumbed down just a bit too much for me.

--

How about not having a sig at all?

NotoriousREV said...

ST220 said...

Was he pushed or walked?

Exactly this.

Claire Balding's coverage of the Olympics was brilliant because she did not know everything to do with the event being shown and so asked questions inline with what the audience wants to know and is asking.
I thought Suzi had walked away from the BBC so how does she get into favourite position of an existing employee that is already doing all of these events?

That said Lee McKenzie annoys me because when she talks to the drivers she just asks the most stupid banal dreary tabloid like questions.

--

How are you doing? Is you good becos' I want to know.

Mito Man said...

When F1 was purely on the BBC I found Jake quite frustrating because of all his newbie questions. I guess newcomers liked him and all the basic questions but it was dumbed down just a bit too much for me.

It's a required part of the role though, for a sport as big as f1 you need to be constantly attracting new fans - make it too geeky throughout and you'll alienate new fans, lose sponsorship and it'll eventually be banished to eurosport and become just another series. The skill is getting a balance - it needs a proper "host" to play off the "experts".

--

Cheers

Rich

Rich B said...

It's a required part of the role though, for a sport as big as f1 you need to be constantly attracting new fans - make it too geeky throughout and you'll alienate new fans, lose sponsorship and it'll eventually be banished to eurosport and become just another series. The skill is getting a balance - it needs a proper "host" to play off the "experts".

Give it another 5 years and it might be ;)

I seem to be one of the few people that actually liked JH. I thought him, DC and EJ had cracking chemistry and added something to the f1 broadcast. They reminded me of the Top Gear boys in their early days.

I would jiz over both of thier faces. Get Perry in some leather top half zipped up and nobody will give a sh!t about her presenting skills.

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular