Forums > General > Tyre OCD

TYRE OCD
Previous | 12 | Next

I've just had two new tyres fitted to the rear of the MCS. Unfortunately one DOT marking says "4012" and the other "4612".

Should I just scrap the car?

Burn it!

Updated December 7, 2012 at 12:57 PM

They were manufactured 6 weeks apart. Burn the car and your house to the ground immediately.

Grezza said...

I've just had two new tyres fitted to the rear of the MCS. Unfortunately one DOT marking says "4012" and the other "4612".

Should I just scrap the car?

I would.

Think yourself lucky you don't live in Switzerland, it's probably a crime there :D

Cheers,
Bryn.

--

Performance Legends

:cry:

--

Knackered old hairdresser's sh1tter

mik said...

They were manufactured 6 weeks apart. Burn the car and your house to the ground immediately.

The rules clearly state:

• If your tyres are manufactured during different manufacturing weeks, you must immediately burn your car and your house to the ground immediately
  • In the manufacturing dates are more than 4 weeks apart, you must also kill you wife and children in a ritual suicide that ends in a police shootout

--

Out of step with the forum.

I've just double-checked the 2012 amendment to the act, and it appears Rev is correct. :cry:

Until last year, my car had the original (grey, cracked) identically dated OEM tyres on it. Confusingly, they were dated a couple of months younger than the car - do they swap them when they come off the boat?

I've just had to re-replace the rears, and now the dates don't match.

--

Thanks for the help chaps. Should I also murder everyone that has ever used this forum?

Grezza said...

Thanks for the help chaps. Should I also murder everyone that has ever used this forum?

Only if you mix brands.

--

Out of step with the forum.

What if you put a directional tyre on the wrong way round (and it isn't a Caterham on Avons)?

Updated December 7, 2012 at 3:19 PM

--

Impreza WRX STi Spec-C V-Limited Toshi Arai Edition/ GTR/ Panda 100HP Pandamonium/ 316d

Mark BT52 said...

What if you put a directional tyre on the wrong way round (and it isn't a Caterham on Avons)?

--

I often drive for a road travel

If you fit a directional tyre backwards, it actively sucks moisture out of the air, and your car floats around on a little bubble of water.

--

OK.

Now your mighty brains have processed the idea of different DOT codes, I'm compelled to admit that the old tyres on the front are runflats but the new ones on the back aren't...

How about a directional asymmetric tyre on the wrong way round AND the inside on the outside?

AND the one on the other side has a slightly different tread depth (rolling radius? ;) )

Updated December 7, 2012 at 3:52 PM

--

Impreza WRX STi Spec-C V-Limited Toshi Arai Edition/ GTR/ Panda 100HP Pandamonium/ 316d

Your car would tear in half.

Fitting runflats on the front and non-runflats on the back will probably give comedy handling :D

--

Yeah I suppose, I was just sick of the rock hard ride but am too tight to chuck away tyres with decent tread on the front.

Besides, I'd managed to start wearing down the tread wear indicators on the rear so I suspect the front/rear balance may have been slightly different to the factory set up.

When I had a mini my local tyre place refused to mix runflats with squidgy tyres.

--

Si_ said...

When I had a mini my local tyre place refused to mix runflats with squidgy tyres.

When I had the rideruiners on my 5'er replaced the tyre place wrote a schpeel at the bottom of the invoice that they wanted me to sign before they'd do it.

I drew a :roll: along with my sig. :lol:

--

Tim

M135i 8 Speed Auto. Alpine White. Faster than Yu.

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular