Forums > General > Heads up - Bedford 15th Dec

HEADS UP - BEDFORD 15TH DEC
Previous | 12 | Next

I'm planning on doing Bedford on Sat 15th with a couple of other Porsches if anyones at a loose end and fancy a trackday or some passenger laps.

--

Ben

Bump, now booked.

--

Ben

Have fun Ben 8)

--

Yes, yes, yes, I'm doing that all the time. You don't have to remind me every 10 seconds.

Bump for Duncs, fancy a day out?

--

Ben

Groomer ;)

--

Yes, yes, yes, I'm doing that all the time. You don't have to remind me every 10 seconds.

Ben__B said...

:x Yeah, but said I'd do some things with the missus on Sat.

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

Hmm, I'm taking the wife up to Dunstable on Saturday to see family. Wonder if I could slip away.

(0% chance of it really)

--

duncs500 said...

Ben__B said...

said I'd do some things with the missus on Sat.

:shock: must be that time of year again ;)

--

BMW Car Magazine

Had a good day at Bedford today. It started out mega greasy but once a dry line started to appear it became a lot more predictable.
I wasn't sure about the NES layout until I drove it at full speed. There are a couple too many slow corners but enough 3rd gear faster ones with space to oversteer to make it interesting.
Even though it was cold and damp the rears were still going off within a few laps. I need a HARD race compound that gets better the more heat thats in it.

Anyway a pretty poor vid with Duncs as ballast - apologies for the angle and sound quality

And another - going solo

Updated December 15, 2012 at 10:34 PM

--

Ben

What a pleasant way to spend the morning. The 964 is epic, I'm very impressed!8) Thanks for the p-ride. Shame I didn't manage to get out in Clive's as well, but the missus was just finishing breakfast as I got home so I think I timed it about right.:D

Best I could manage on my phone:

Just made me eager to get my car on track though.:?

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

8)

How do you both rate Bedford? I've heard differing views but it's a place I've thought about trying, could be a candidate for the forum track day too.

--

http://retrotekracing.co.uk

Its certainly better than an airfield and great for dicking about. Can't compare to a good proper race track like Oulton or Dono. Also they have issues with noise so noisy cars or excessive tyre squeal is jumped on if the wind is blowing in the wrong direction. My car is right on the static limit but doesn't trouble the drive by

--

Ben

Greasy is an understatement, particularly when you're on underinflated P6000s with about 2.5mm of tread left... :? after a comedy sighting lap and the prospect of mixing it with 911 Turbos I was ready to go home :cry:. However, once the dry line came it didn't feel quite so ridiculous, but not exactly satisfying either. New tyres are the number one priority. The trackside photographer got a great shot of me sideways though so I'll post that up once I've got it 8)

I really like Bedford as a place to explore the limits safely when you've got a new car, and it feels professionally run. A proper circuit is way more atmospheric though.

I forgot to mention my sore thumbs from an afternoon of wheel sawing, as the track dried I was carrying 3rd a lot more and riding out the oversteer, wore my thumbs out though!

Having seen the inside of Clive's car up close I can't imagine commisioning anyone but Flewy to do body prep. Beautiful. Better get saving!

Updated December 16, 2012 at 9:29 AM

--

Ben

That's pretty much what a friend has said, better than an airfield day but not really a "proper" circuit.

--

Engine sounds great Ben.

Has it got more than 250 bhp? It looks pretty damn quick on the straight!

--

Kintegra y0!

I doubt it. The combination of good torque and good traction give it a head start. When you're trying to play with Gt3s though, thoughts start to veer towards stroked 3.8 engines. A nice round 300hp would do. Wouldnt beed such an oversteery set up either as I'd be able to break traction with power rather than monentum more easily.

--

Ben

Concentration :D8)

--

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular