Forums > General > Which phone?

WHICH PHONE?
Previous | 1 | Next

What phone should I ask for for Christmas? Want to keep it around the £100-140ish area so nobody thinks I'm taking the biscuit. Was originally thinking about this or this, but this evening I saw this which seems like a good reduction. Somebody enlighten me:D

It'll be my first Smartphone so I'm not necessarily looking for the best thing ever.

Updated December 6, 2012 at 8:50 PM

--

Entirely pointless

for the love of god don't go for a blackberry they are the cheapest piece of sh!t EVER it will break instantly, htc are ok the only issue is (similar with bberry) u can't get it repaired in Northern Ireland it has to be sent to their mainland U.K head offices and takes around 3 weeks to sort out.

samsung are generally pretty good the ace or ace2 are a good place to start and if it sh!ts itself forrestside carphone warehouse will reapir it under the warranty, takes around 2 hours

I know repair times is incredibly pessimistic and not really a great way to chose a phone but if it breaks u will hate yourself for buying the htc and spec wise they are about the same

ohh and no way the radar was £350, i think that falls into the other post "sneaky retail"

Get an iPhone, contracts are cheap and I'm sure you can find £25/month for an iPhone 4.

You should be able to find a Huwia G300 for £100 on PAYG.

Reasonbly well featured phone, ICS available from the manufacturer if you get it unlocked.

Get an iPhone.

--

Making pancake mix for your mums pancake tits.

Thanks for replying! That's a good point about repairs, I hadn't considered that. Don't think it would be worth me getting a contract, I only top up £10 every coupe of months or so, so on a £100 phone that would be £220 over 2 years compared with £500 for a £25/month contract. I would love an iPhone though!. Haven't even heard of a Huwia, but it looks all right too.

Updated December 6, 2012 at 10:38 PM

--

Entirely pointless

Bro has one, it's not as well put together as my Desire S, but it's got a decent wee screen, and decent guts. It's about as much Android as you can get for a ton, if Android appeals - and eminently hackable if you're so inclined.

If you're going PAYG then it's android, HTC are my favourite.

Beany said...

Reasonbly well featured phone, ICS available from the manufacturer if you get it unlocked.

For a oner you won't by more phone than that. If that phone was a known brand it would be half as much or more again.

Think Audi A4 or Skoda Octavia:D

Beany said...

I presume you mean Huawei?

Really starting to like this G300 now, although it seems to be only available on Vodafone. How easy would it be to unlock it and use an Orange sim so I can keep my number, contacts etc.?

--

Entirely pointless

I have a G300, it's by far the phone you can get for sub £150 but it's still crap.

Not having ever touched any other smartphone, I really like my HTC. Google nav feature is very good, as is everything else. Very easy to use too.

--

Caterham 7 - Seat, steering wheel, pedals, er... Lights?

Phones are all sh1t. Don't bother.

PS attractive women are also ugly.

--

Knackered old hairdresser's sh1tter

Dont get the 2 year old Radar...

Get the Desire C.

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular