Forums > Moaning forum > Sneaky retail

SNEAKY RETAIL
Previous | 12 | Next

Back in teh day, when I were a lad, a tin of Quality Street was 1kg.

Now, in the times of poorness and, it seems, blindness, we have 880g tins (or plastic boxes) or the latest 795g offerings.

Don't be caught out.

Repeat thread with many other items, cheese to name one.

SimonB said...

Back in teh day, when I were a lad, a tin of Quality Street was 1kg.

Now, in the times of poorness and, it seems, blindness, we have 880g tins (or plastic boxes) or the latest 795g offerings.

Don't be caught out.

Repeat thread with many other items, cheese to name one.

Even worse was the fanfare for the 'New Shape' Cadbury's chocolate bar sneakily concealing several grams of chocolate removed from the bar.
Also potentially the addition of 'Even more bubbles' to Aero's, so we want more air in our chocolate then? I bet they didn't make the bar bigger.

Carl.

But more bubbles is more healthy so they are doing you a favour !!!

Wagon wheels used to have a diameter of about 17"

and Mars bars were a foot long.

--

I often drive for a road travel

I remember when it was practically impossible to eat a King Size Mars Bar in one sitting.

--

Jobbo said...

Rev is correct, of course

You're all too fat anyway. They're doing you a favour.

I'm sure Creme Eggs were about twice the size too!

I wait for the cheap offers before I'll buy Quality Street et al, as that just about brings it in line with the amount of chocolate being offered for sale! £4 a tub I can live with, close to a tenner is insulting. They use every trick in the book, who can blame em..

Lindt or nothing.

--

How about not having a sig at all?

Cadbury ( Kraft ) are relocating most of their manufacturing stuff to Bratislava :(

--

GiraffeIT.com / Installations / Support / Training
evo featured Renault Megane R26 (c) Barry Club.

it's the combination of size going down and price going up that gets me

andybond said...

Cadbury ( Kraft ) are relocating most of their manufacturing stuff to Bratislava :(

Didn't they say they weren't going to move production?

Mito Man said...

Lindt or nothing.

I'll take nothing, Lindt is third rate easter egg chocolate at best. Clever marketing has convinced you otherwise.

I went to the cadburys factory in Nigeria to look at some engines they had there which had problems.

I no longer eat cadburys.

Dave!

--

I came here to drink milk and kick ass..... and i've just finished my milk!!!!

I remember going to a sweet factory on a school trip years ago. It was meant to be fun however, they didn't need to show us how they made gelatine on site, stank of sh1t, haven't touched anything gummy in a decade now.

Chocolate factories are also pretty grim, it's like when you see the raw ingredients go in it's all copius amount of crap and pretty revolting. So I gave up and moved onto Booja Booja chocolates which seem to be better.

--

How about not having a sig at all?

really dissapointed by shrinking tins of quality street, i noticed last year they didnt last as long as i used to remember, but thought that was just me being greedy :lol:

this years tins are noticeably smaller, but theyre also £4 in tescos while last year they were £5, so probably actually better value.

I could probably get through one of this years tubs in a couple of sittings :oops:

i know things get more expensive so i'd rather pay a little more for a same size tin instead of constant downsizing.

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

People dont want to pay more.

Stuff costs more

Give people less for the same money.

Don't get me started on crisps...

--

Tim

Toyota. Flat Cap. Grey Slacks. Slipons. Slower than everyone.

RichardMajor86 said...

People dont want to pay more.

Stuff costs more

Give people less for the same money.

Maybe soon they will sell petrol by pints rather than by litres :lol:

A good rule we have in France is that the shops have to indicate the unit prices (by kg or litres) on the tags (of course they write it as small as possible, but it's a good help).

--

Pilouil
Citroen C3 1.4 HDI 69.0424 bhp

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular