Previous | 12 | Next

Clicky :roll:

Looks sh1t.

--

Knackered old hairdresser's sh1tter

It would look better in Matt black, purple looks sh1t <<Sorry David Yu :lol:>>

--

3 - 2 - 1 - Go.................

My only question for now is; what colour should I get my MX-5 done?

Pink please!

--

3 - 2 - 1 - Go.................

JK Customs has done what I think is an expert job. They've also given me some advice on keeping it pristine, which mainly involves never letting fuel spill when filling up, and only ever using a sponge and wax-free soap to hand wash it.

So £1500 and it's fucked if you accidentally spill some fuel on it? :?

£1500 :roll:

--

BMW Car Magazine

toolbag

I sometimes wonder what goes through peoples heads to think "I know, my car will look amazing in matt purple." It's as daft as thinking "You know what will make the house look better? If we paint it pink and cover it in bananas."

--

Stolen Orions on fire off the hard shoulder of the M8. I watched neds litter in the dark near the Tennents shop. All those... moments... will be lost in time, like [coughs] tears... in... rain. Time... to die...

Did he sell the nice alloys to pay for it and revert to the standard items? Looked far better before. If the word 'better' can ever be used to describe the looks of a bugeye Impreza.

Surely the whole car is barely worth more than £1500?

Updated December 6, 2012 at 2:47 PM

--

Bunta's Tofu

Lovely job around the front headlights too

It looks like it's already peeling off the front bumper, too.

The guy's a moron.

--

What's the difference between a BMW and a hedgehog?

NotoriousREV said...

It looks like it's already peeling off the front bumper, too.

The guy's a moron.

Yep. £1500 is a joke. Gets you a top quality wrap which will protect the paint and last a hell of a lot longer.

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

I saw a YouTube vid of a guy doing this on his driveway - it looked better than this and probably only cost a few hundred quid max.

--

Cheers

Rich

£1500 for a wrap or that plastic spray is a joke.

You can repair the stone chips and any scratches for that money....

--

Making pancake mix for your mums pancake tits.

Mito Man said...

Without wishing to give you too much credit for a reasonable point, eventually you get so many scratches and dings, discolouration and whatnot all over the car that a full respray makes sense compared to lots of individual repairs.

£1500 seems a bit rich for a 'normal' respray though, even if you just give the car to the garage without doing anything for them (removing carpets, etc).

Why ruin a perfectly good looking car just to test a gimmicky alternative to wrapping? Why not buy some cheap sh1tbox Fiesta and do it on that?

Updated December 6, 2012 at 6:32 PM

Beany said...

Mito Man said...

Without wishing to give you too much credit for a reasonable point, eventually you get so many scratches and dings, discolouration and whatnot all over the car that a full respray makes sense compared to lots of individual repairs.

£1500 seems a bit rich for a 'normal' respray though, even if you just give the car to the garage without doing anything for them (removing carpets, etc).

You can eventually respray the whole thing if you've neglected your car that much but it still works out cheaper than a wrap. Respray lasts 10 years at least, how long does a wrap or plasticote last?

--

Making pancake mix for your mums pancake tits.

At £1500 he was mugged.

That's getting on for proper paint money with prep, primer, colour and lacquer and an actual staying technique.

That plastidip stuff is about £200 for a big tin which is plenty for a car, and need no prep other than te car being clean and dry, you don't even have to fully mask everything as you can use the natural sharp edges to make a cut line, and rub off any overspray with your fingers, and you just build up the layers until it covers, a child could do it.

( yes, I've already looked into it :lol: )

There are companies who will do a car for £600, which is getting better.

Tbh, I don't hate the idea, at £150 - £200 if you diy it to totally transform the appearance of your car for a year isn't so bad.

My concerns were peeling edges, stone chips and whether in the long term it could trap moisture against the cars paint / metal.

To use it as people are using it is outside the spec of the product, it's and industrial corrosion protection coating which is supposed to be used with a primer for a tough rubberised finish, not put straight over gloss for a temprorary coating. It's not been around long enough for people to know if there's any risk of it damaging the original paint.

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular