Forums > General > Right Engine, Wrong Car

RIGHT ENGINE, WRONG CAR
Previous | 12 | Next

I love the AMG63 engine, but can't help but wonder what it would be like in a M3 rather than a C63. Would it make the M3 awesome?

Any others like that? After reading about the Huayra, I really wonder if the Zonda 760 engine would be more EVO.

The Aston Martin engine is just two Cougar engines sticky taped together rar rar grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. :D

Ignoring your watch seeking question, the RX8 seems to have been very much a case of right car, wrong engine.

RX8 and a S2000, both great cars but know that the engines were barely adequate.
(watch seeking? am happy to be accused because my question is genuine)

HK1 said...

RX8 and a S2000, both great cars but know that the engines were barely adequate.

Ill agree with the Rx8 but not the S2000 - i love the idea of 9500 rpm. Fair enough it could have done with a bit more power. However having never driven one i cant say how it feels. Owners rate them highly.

--

Strong Broo Racing

GT86. Needs an LS7.

I've no issues with the C63 engine in various mercs, but wish there was a manuel option. Same comment for the XKR/XKR-S/XFR/XFR-S/KLF.

The 1.0T Engine should right now be in a Ka, with 130bhp+ on tap and stealing a huge clump of the market.

--

The Clio 200 - has gone :(
The ST220 will follow
The Golf R will arrive!

HK1 said...

I love the AMG63 engine, but can't help but wonder what it would be like in a M3 rather than a C63. Would it make the M3 awesome?

Yeah, cos the M3 engine is sh1t.

[ insert big noisy engine here] would be great in a [ insert small car here]

Updated December 6, 2012 at 1:20 PM

--

JonMad said...

Yes, although that is probably (c) David Exiges Brown. ;)

David was looking at an A340 as his private jet recently, but he's insisted they test one with the A380 engines... :?

HK1 said...

I'll give you the RX8 but what a load of garbage with regards to the S2000. The F20C is a phenomenal engine, it still astounds me that that 13 years ago Honda squeezed 236bhp out of an N/A 2.0 4 pot and made it utterly reliable and reasonably efficient as well. Even by todays the standards it's still a mightily impressive engine.

--

Stolen Orions on fire off the hard shoulder of the M8. I watched neds litter in the dark near the Tennents shop. All those... moments... will be lost in time, like [coughs] tears... in... rain. Time... to die...

mik said...

JonMad said...

Yes, although that is probably (c) David Exiges Brown. ;)

David was looking at an A340 as his private jet recently, but he's insisted they test one with the A380 engines... :?

Couldn't that A340 run on two 380 engines instead?

''I've no issues with the C63 engine in various mercs, but wish there was a manuel option. Same comment for the XKR/XKR-S/XFR/XFR-S/KLF''

Why would you want a Spanish bloke fiddling with your gear stick Mik?

Updated December 6, 2012 at 2:53 PM

--

PaulJ

That's a very personal question Paul. :?

PaulJ said...

I've no issues with the C63 engine in various mercs, but wish there was a manuel option. Same comment for the XKR/XKR-S/XFR/XFR-S/KLF

Why would you want a Spanish bloke fiddling with your gear stick Mik?

He hasn't been olé-d in a while.

--

What's the difference between a BMW and a hedgehog?

4.9L flat 12 in the Testarossa (first generation, without cat).
You'd never believe this engine has only 390hp (even more so if you compare with the claimed 400hp of a 360 Modena); for the rest and apart from the dramatic look the Testarossa is total crap :lol:

--

Pilouil
Citroen C3 1.4 HDI 69.0424 bhp

Ferrari V8

Lancia Thema

Testarossa is total crap

Steady on.

Cheers

Steve

911's really need a V8.

--

Making pancake mix for your mums pancake tits.

Mercedes' 250 CDI lump in the SLK - 369lb ft of torque should work well in a two-seat roadster. But thanks to its embarrassing 'soundtrack' just doesn't.

IsoSonic said...

Mercedes' 250 CDI lump in the SLK - 369lb ft of torque should work well in a two-seat roadster. But thanks to its embarrassing 'soundtrack' just doesn't.

and why did they never put the 420CDI engine in the CL. That would have made a good grand tourer

M3 != awesome :?::roll:

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular