Forums > General > Doh!!!!

DOH!!!!
Previous | 1 | Next

Bloody Builders... :lol:

--

and from the beginning think what may be the end.

Foook! :shock: :?

--

Speed holes.

If he'd hired Irish builders this wouldn't have happened...

...because they'd still be standing around, brest-feeding shovels and drinking tea

--

and from the beginning think what may be the end.

"Rubbish, the builders did exactly what he ordered. The chateau was probably covered with preservation orders and it would have cost a large fortune to 'renovate' it. Don't forget that 'renovation' requires highly skilled workers using original style materials. Sure he will now rebuild what looks like the original but he doesn't have to worry about getting permission to do anything to the new building."

My thoughts exactly.

Dinny_G said...

If he'd hired Irish builders this wouldn't have happened...

...because they'd still be standing around, brest-feeding shovels and drinking tea

Thats true

Story sounds fishy to me....

I must admit my first thought was "insurance job" but reading further it would be interesting how stringent the local authorities would have been on how the building was restored.

Surely just avoiding rules, it would be interesting to see what happens with this over the years, whether the "exact replica" is anything like the original.

Plus the fact the millionaire didn't seem to bothered and isn't going to week damages just shows that it was obviously his intention.
I reckon he will rebuild it but make it armoured inside so that the other mafias can't touch him.

--

How about not having a sig at all?

_Mick_N said...

Story sounds fishy to me....

Pike-y builders?

--

Knackered old hairdresser's sh1tter

It's just like that story here a few years back: Couple buy listed cottage, planning permission on listed cottage refused, listed cottage "falls down" while owner is replacing the mantelpeice :roll:

--

Out of step with the forum.

NotoriousREV said...

It's just like that story here a few years back: Couple buy listed cottage, planning permission on listed cottage refused, listed cottage "falls down" while owner is replacing the mantelpeice :roll:

Nathan will probably know of the house I'm taking about in Hockley Heath, owners want to knock down horrible looking big house but are refused planning permission, the house burns down in a big fire and another horrible looking house is built in it's place. It's the second house fire they have had by the way, the first house burnt down in Lady Byron lane in Knowle in similar circumstances.

Yeah, local millionaire here got refused plans to build hotel rooms on one of his pubs, pub burns down shortly after, he rebuilds it with hotel rooms...

--

Cheers

Rich

Kevin McCloud is probably crying over a waiting sword :cry:

--

BMW Car Magazine

What everyone else said.

I'm sure teh builders - regardless of nationality - would have noticed that the house they were demolishing still appeared to be full of furniture with 60" flat screens in the hall etc etc. :roll:

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular