Forums > General > OT: New Star Trek

OT: NEW STAR TREK
Previous | 1 | Next

Teaser!

I love Captain Kirk Star Trek, so the reboot was all good with me.

New one is out next year and our very own Sherlock is the bad guy.

8)

Updated December 6, 2012 at 8:59 AM

--

Bunta's Tofu

Re-watched the reboot the other night and it was pretty decent despite a slightly dodgy plot.

Is Sherlock Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan as was rumoured then? Or just a random baddie?

I think he may be some version of Khan - it's not confirmed yet but I kinda hope so.

--

Bunta's Tofu

I am looking forward to this 8)

Will have to have a look at this later. Hoping for a TV run at some point too. Trek has been off the small screen for too long now and since the Gate franchise effectively shut it's doors and Terranova didn't make it to season 2 I can't find anything new to feed my evening Sci-Fi needs (apart from re-runs).
As for the bad guy there have been rumours about Khan and also about some other bad guys re-booted from the original series, can't remember the name but he was supposed to have been the second worst guy from the original series.

Carl.

I know I'm in the minority on this, but I hope they've forked out for a credible engine room set this time round, rather than just shooting in some random factory from the mid-20th century.

Oh and cut down on the sparkly halogens on the bridge too, how anyone can see anything they're doing there beats me.

:lol:

It was on telly last week and I still don't think it was a great Star Trek movie. Wrath of Khan and First Contact were great (in their time), this one was just ok.

New one looks interesting though.

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

can't wait!8)

Looking good, but I hope they avoid some of the bad science that plagued the last one. I'm thinking specifically about the ending.

--

Something witty goes here.....

Jorg Gray Ltd Edition Watch Number : 313631

Sherlock could be playing the Gary (Marshall??) character from the original series, looking at the trailer he looks to have some kinda superpowers.

Although Khaaaaaaaaaan is a genetically enhanced superhuman......

Either way - trailer has teh orsums written all over it :D:D

--

New exhaust valves and pipework fitted

Sponsor me here - http://www.justgiving.com/teacherboy

Not really a Trek fan but I am looking forward to this after watching the re-boot.

--

Tree Trunks, I'm all jacked up because of you. Look at my jacked up face!

I thought the reboot was a credible version, and like Bunta I look forward to this one! 8)

I'm with Barry and Bunta. Nu Star Trek was one of the best films i've seen in recent years.
I probably like it because i'm not a Star Trek purist.

--

Knackered old hairdresser's sh1tter

I thought the film from a few years ago was great as well.

Si_ said...

I'm with Barry and Bunta. Nu Star Trek was one of the best films i've seen in recent years.
I probably like it because i'm not a Star Trek purist.

Yeah, to be fair JJ Abrams said he was not much of a Star Trek fan (he preferred Star Wars, so maybe a potential director of one of the new trilogy?).

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

Bunta, you beauty!!!

Cheers for that. I love Star Trek and I particularly liked the reboot. I have enjoyed it many times and have been very much looking forward to the next one so thanks for the taster.

--

Get in the back of the van

i liked the first one, neat idea changing the time line

cant wait :)

--

Making pancake mix on your mums pancake tits

WIBBLE

Villain Identity???

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular