Forums > General > Why are so many german saloons slower

WHY ARE SO MANY GERMAN SALOONS SLOWER
Previous | 123 | Next

In terms of top speed.
New M5/6 is slower than the old one. New RS6 is also slower as is the new E63AMG.

It's a bit sh1t really...

--

How about not having a sig at all?

:lol::roll:

--

A yellow loltus

I wouldn't believe the hype about the speed limiters, as the official quoted 155 doesn't seem to be anything more than a way of keeping the PC brigade happy. The limiter on the E90 M3, certainly does NOT kick in at the advertised 155mph ;).

--

Nordschleife - there's only two barriers to worry about - the ones on the left and the ones on the right!

are they not all limited to 155 or am I missing the obvious..ie you are talking pish?

They all have a claimed top speed and a limited top speed. They can all do their claimed top speed if you get it delimited or in some cases pay the manufacturer extra. I'm obviously talking about their delimited speed.

--

Mito Man said...

They all have a claimed top speed and a limited top speed. They can all do their claimed top speed if you get it delimited or in some cases pay the manufacturer extra. I'm obviously talking about their delimited speed.

It's all to do with rev limit, tyre sizes, gearing and final drive. The later cars tend to have reduced rev limits due to being forced induction compared to naturally aspirated, so even with fractionally taller gearing and similar final drive, the reduction in rev ceiling will limit the top speed.

--

Nordschleife - there's only two barriers to worry about - the ones on the left and the ones on the right!

Go tell them to make a longer drive then lolbird! It's stupid, new cars should be faster. They have so much more torque with the turbos that they should be able to put in a longer final gear?

--

Mike Rainbird said...

The limiter on the E90 M3, certainly does NOT kick in at the advertised 155mph ;).

I can confirm this fact.

--

Cunt

Mike Rainbird said...

I wouldn't believe the hype about the speed limiters, as the official quoted 155 doesn't seem to be anything more than a way of keeping the PC brigade happy. The limiter on the E90 M3, certainly does NOT kick in at the advertised 155mph ;).

You're speedo is incorrect. :lol:

Dr.(tbc) Alex said...

You're speedo is incorrect. :lol:

Your please. Thanks.

--

Cunt

Mito Man said...

In terms of top speed.
New M5/6 is slower than the old one. New RS6 is also slower as is the new E63AMG.

It's a bit sh1t really...

the latest options cash cow

removing the limiter for 2 grand (50p software setting change)

and now Audi get 2 bites of the cherry with 2 top speed options lmao :lol:

--

Making pancake mix on your mums pancake tits

WIBBLE

Wilspeeds said...

Mike Rainbird said...

The limiter on the E90 M3, certainly does NOT kick in at the advertised 155mph ;).

I can confirm this fact.

And the same goes for the E92.

Do people really care about top end speed?

Dr.(tbc) Alex said...

i used to pretty frequently v max my cars on the way to work

avoid m ways like the plague now

--

Making pancake mix on your mums pancake tits

WIBBLE

Eric Pisch said...

Dr.(tbc) Alex said...

i used to pretty frequently v max my cars on the way to work

avoid m ways like the plague now

Was this with a crow sat on your wing mirror?

--

She's built like a steakhouse but she handles like a bistro.

Dr.(tbc) Alex said...

Yes, I try to hit vmax on every trip that involves a dual carriageway or motorway. My car only does 110 but even if I had something which did 200+ I would Vmax it frequently.

--

Even the "delimited" top speed you are referring to is still limited. It probably has to do with tires. Even the SLS's 199 mph top speed is limited if I recall correctly. I imagine it's because germans make sure you could stay at or near this top speed for a reasonable amount of time without the tires exploding.

Also, if you think you'd be maxing a 200 mph car even slightly frequently you're an idiot.

Mito Man said...

Dr.(tbc) Alex said...

Yes, I try to hit vmax on every trip that involves a dual carriageway or motorway. My car only does 110 but even if I had something which did 200+ I would Vmax it frequently.

Of course you would 200+ regularly. :roll:

Perhaps this is the reason that new cars are "Slower" as you put it.

--

Strong Broo Racing

Mito Man said...

Dr.(tbc) Alex said...

I always consciously avoid feeding the troll, but this is the stupidest comment I have read on here and I've been here since the forum started...

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

If only Mitoboy had a McLaren F1/Veyron and he lived in Germany :lol:

Previous | 123 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular