Forums > General > Venom GT 0-370 kmh Acceleration Testing

VENOM GT 0-370 KMH ACCELERATION TESTING
Previous | 12 | Next

0-370kmh in 19.96 seconds :shock:

Updated December 5, 2012 at 3:21 PM

from 200kph to 300kph in 5.54 seconds :shock:

that it continues to accelerate like this at high speeds is bloody impressive :shock:
definitely not bad for a "tuned exige" 8)

--

Pilouil
Citroen C3 1.4 HDI 69.0424 bhp

I do like them. 8)

LS7 sounds fantastic and that is alotaponies :shock: 8)

A bespoke aluminum tub ? looks stretched to me.

Updated December 5, 2012 at 4:02 PM

_Mick_N said...

If you can fit a V8 and associated gearbox in a non-stretched Elise, you could probably make a killing.

--

Jobbo said...

Rev is correct, of course

_Mick_N said...

Chassis unchanged I would think, bespoke subframe to stretch the rear end though.

--

Done.

According to this Click

The Venom's entire body is handmade out of carbon fiber, save the original doors. Hennessey redesigned the entire front and rear subframes from scratch to support the longer wheelbase and weight of the engine

Updated December 5, 2012 at 4:34 PM

The Venom GT website says: "Note: The Hennessey Venom GT design is based on the Lotus Elise / Exige. The Venom GT is created from a base Lotus Elise / Exige and utilizes components including but not limited to the roof, doors, side glass, windscreen, dash, cockpit, floorpan, HVAC system, wiper and head lamps. Hennessey Performance and the Venom GT are not associated with Lotus Cars."

--

Pilouil
Citroen C3 1.4 HDI 69.0424 bhp

pilouil said...

The Venom GT is created from a base Lotus Elise / Exige and utilizes components including windscreen

Thank. Fcuk

Impressive figures, but the car doesn't do it for me...

--

I don't like dolphins...

What was with the diesel* like cloud of smoke in the drive by shot?

* slightly embellished.

--

DeskJockey
---
Now fueled by heavy oil...

DeskJockey said...

* slightly embellished.

Over fuelling to save the motor I would guess. Results in bore wash as unburnt fuel washes oil through etc.

Looks like it was overfuelling.

Edit: dammit, shouldn't have stopped to talk to the wife before hitting the button :lol:

Updated December 5, 2012 at 5:24 PM

--

Jobbo said...

Ovefueled probably.

--

How about not having a sig at all?

Mito Man said...

Ovefueled

Powered by an egg?

--

Jobbo said...

DeskJockey said...

* slightly embellished.

I'd say it was the aero lifting the dust off the runway, as it didn't appear to be that bad from the reverse camera shot.

My car does this at high speed... If the road is wet, it creates an extremely impressive vortex that you don't want to be behind as you can't see anything with the amount of water it lifts off the road :lol:.

--

Nordschleife - there's only two barriers to worry about - the ones on the left and the ones on the right!

I'll respectfully disagree Mike, you can just about make out a gap in the smoke when he changes up, and its too dark to be dust shirley?

Barry said...

I'll respectfully disagree Mike, you can just about make out a gap in the smoke when he changes up, and its too dark to be dust shirley?

I'm okay with that, but how do you explain the rear view compared to the static camera view, as you can see the amount it overfuels from that angle, and that doesn't account for the amount of dust in the static view ;)?

Having seen LOADS of these kind of runs on airfields, this is the norm with any car that has even the remotest amount of aero. Shame there was no side view, as the rooster tail is spectacular :).

Next time it is wet and I'm out in the Cossie, I'll twist the camera around for a rear view, so you can see how much it lifts stuff off the road surface as the water gives a visual guide of what it is doing (and my aero is NOTHING as impressive as these kind of cars) :).

--

Nordschleife - there's only two barriers to worry about - the ones on the left and the ones on the right!

I would suggest the visual gap with the rear cam is simply the smoke/fumes not immediately reacting with the air on the outside world, creating a gap immediately behind the vehicle (along with aero effects pulling it all away violently of course) ?

Not that it matters either way, its still an impressive sight to behold :lol:

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular