Forums > Moaning forum > Trapped sciatic nerve

TRAPPED SCIATIC NERVE
Previous | 12 | Next

Holy Mother of God, just how much pain is this capable of causing?!!

PLEASE. Enough now. I will never incorrectly lift a stuck quad out of the sand again, or indeed anything out of anything ever for the rest of time.

Just let me lie, sit and walk without being in paroxysms of pain!

:(

:(

I assume you are back to using the headwand to create this post?

I use my headwand to make ALL posts.

The stupid thing is - well the stupid thing is me, to be honest.

This has happened enough times now that I should encase myself in concrete from knee to chest, yet always forget about this odd weakness (which has been the one side effect of my hip replacement).

I had it for a couple of years, sometimes took me 10 minutes just to get out of the car.

The GP said avoid sitting for long periods of time :lol: so as a CAD designer and a self employed, that fell on deaf ears, but I bought a kneeling chair ( Mick's Spacker Chair as it ws known )

Two visits to the chiropractor and swimming sorted me out in the end, I feel your pain though. I remember one day when I got out the bath and I have never ever felt pain like it, on a scale of 1 to 10 it was 50, I collapsed in to a heap.

Not had any problems now in 4 or 5 years. My Dad suffered too but he had to have an operation after injections did bugger all.

This is what I had last year, a.k.a a slipped disc. I still maintain that I haven't been in worse pain, that includes a lumber puncture when I was young and my skateboard snapping and smacking by gonads on a rail.

--

Stolen Orions on fire off the hard shoulder of the M8. I watched neds litter in the dark near the Tennents shop. All those... moments... will be lost in time, like [coughs] tears... in... rain. Time... to die...

Aka a slipped disc? Are you sure?!

Mick - that's if exactly, shocking levels of pain. Literally whimpered trying to get out of bed this morning!

Get it checked. This is how teh Mrs started, and it was a prolapsed disk pinching her spinal cord.

--

Knackered old hairdresser's sh1tter

I've had it on and off for 3 years now, always exactly the same symptoms. I had it checked out when it first happened, they said it was a trapped sciatic nerve and they couldn't do much for it. And they were right.

JL said...

Aka a slipped disc? Are you sure?!

I had a slipped disc that was pressing on the nerve causing immense pain. Ibuprofen works wonders for the pain, I ended up on Naproxen which made me a bit loopy for the 3 months I was on it.

--

Stolen Orions on fire off the hard shoulder of the M8. I watched neds litter in the dark near the Tennents shop. All those... moments... will be lost in time, like [coughs] tears... in... rain. Time... to die...

Pretty sure mine's just a torn muscle, could feel the swelling an hour after it went rip.

Mine was a herniated disc pressing on the nerve, numbness on the one side and pins and needles. Pain was horrible and pain killers didn't do a fat lot. If I were a permi I wouldn't have gone to work.

Hot water bottle gave some relief, but as it was so numb I often burnt my back :)

Swimming was brilliant, sorts your core muscles out which helps, also my spine looked like a banana which didn't help.

djchocice said...

a lumber puncture

I would have thought that deflated wood would be very painful - although perhaps more psychologically?

:lol:

--

DeskJockey
---
Now fueled by heavy oil...

DeskJockey said...

djchocice said...

a lumber puncture

I would have thought that deflated wood would be very painful - although perhaps more psychologically?

Lumbar puncture, damn my spellings. :oops:

--

Displaced vertebra pushing on the spinal column gave me pain that I would have cut my left bollock off to make it stop. I could have kissed the man that found it and pushed it back in its rightful place.

--

New exhaust valves and pipework fitted

djchocice said...

DeskJockey said...

djchocice said...

a lumber puncture

It's oakay, so long as Yew realise your mistakes.

Marv said...

djchocice said...

DeskJockey said...

djchocice said...

a lumber puncture

It's oakay, so long as Yew realise your mistakes.

He deserves a bElm Fir that.

--

This ^

t3acherboy said...

I cut my left bollock off. I kissed the man that found it and pushed it back in its rightful place.

:?

I herniated a disc on a jetski arcade game.. Thought I'd just twinged it.. 3yrs later and multiple trips to chiropractors, osteopaths ( all rubbish IME ).. Ibuprofen and hot baths was no longer working, I couldn't stand. I couldn't sit for any more than 10 mins.. A ll I could do was lay foetal.. I was sent for an MRI by my doctors ( waiting list 9 months for scan ) so paid to have the scan private and was scanned the same week. Turns out the disc had nearly paralysed me for life so had an NHS operation a few days later and was back to normal immediately.

If the pain persist get it looked at.

--

AmperaWomenCar Trade

exiges said...

I couldn't stand. I couldn't sit for any more than 10 mins.. All I could do was lay foetal.

That sounds horribly familiar. Couldn't even drive this morning, which was a pain as it meant cancelling a load of stuff last minute.

Over it.

Get a better body.

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular