Forums > General > new Aubi RS6

NEW AUBI RS6
Previous | 123 | Next

This is the retro thinking I like. Audi are back to a twin turbo 4.0 V8 instead of the V10. 560hp and the important bit 700nm of tourque, 0-62 in 3.9 seconds. It also has the 4cyl shutdown. Optional 21 inch 5 spoke wheels and ceramic brakes no news of a RHD. But an estate from the get go

--

Whiskey is my yoga

77k so that will be 85k+ with options then.

does look nice though

I don't like the current trend for massive grilles and vents which are then filled with acres of black plastic with no depth.

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

Sisu said...

This is the retro thinking I like. Audi are back to a twin turbo 4.0 V8 instead of the V10.

so, instead of a 580hp v10 from a lambo(although tt-ed), now we have a tt 560hp v8, right? <- and this is way better, correct?:roll:

Updated December 5, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Pisch just wet himself.

eugenux said...

Sisu said...

This is the retro thinking I like. Audi are back to a twin turbo 4.0 V8 instead of the V10.

so, instead of a 580hp v10 from a lambo(although tt-ed), now we have a tt 560hp v8, right? <- and this is way better, correct?:roll:

It'll probably be lighter and faster though if that 0-60 is anything to go by.

Edit: Torque is up by 37lb ft and weight is down by 100kg.

Autocar news clicky

Updated December 5, 2012 at 10:22 AM

I wonder of "sports suspension" will be an option. I noticed it is on the RS4 on the fast fleet.

What the hell suspension does an RS4 come with if not sports? VAG milking their gullible customers again! :roll:

Alex88 said...

eugenux said...

Sisu said...

It'll probably be lighter and faster though if that 0-60 is anything to go by.

it is 3,9 vs 4,6 and 100kg lighter - my guess is that is faster due to having a better gearbox; still.., that was a lambo v10..this is a v8 from s5s, s6s and s7s.;)

It's just the engine out of the S6/S7/S8/Bentley Conti GT again isn't it.

--

JL said...

Oh b*llocks you're right

Shame they've dropped the squared-off arches from the last RS6 and current RS4, I liked them.

It's formulaic and too predictable to garner any kind of excitement.

In other words, meh.

Eastwu said...

Shame they've dropped the squared-off arches from the last RS6 and current RS4, I liked them.

The first RS6 didn't have them, and this one has quite extravagantly flared arches which are much better integrated. I really like it; the interior too.

And the fuel economy should be excellent compared to the V10, so it'll be properly usable with a decent range.

--

JL said...

Oh b*llocks you're right

More info here - Click

--

Definition of an optimist… "A person who thinks he can just afford to run a second-hand Aston Martin"

27Gilles said...

More info here - Click

Speculation, spy shots of a disguised car etc from months ago :lol: It's been announced and official photos released, you know: Clicky

--

JL said...

Oh b*llocks you're right

What's with the quilted style seats?

If I was going to spend 80K+ on an estate, I'd rather have the CLS Shooting Brake AMG or the Panamera Sports Turismo thingy. Both much more interesting.

Jobbo has made me feel like an utter twonk:lol:

Updated December 5, 2012 at 11:11 AM

--

Definition of an optimist… "A person who thinks he can just afford to run a second-hand Aston Martin"

hmm, i actually quite like the interior, which is odd for a modern car.

wonder if you can add a proper round steering wheel as an option?

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

Dr.(tbc) Alex said...

What's with the quilted style seats?

They're a bit bling aren't they. I really like them :oops:

--

JL said...

Oh b*llocks you're right

Flared arches are far better than half arsed boxed arches - I like.

--

Cheers

Rich

eugenux said...

Sisu said...

Well the old original RS6 was a V8 4.2 biturbo 460hp/580nm 1,865kg
The V10 5.0 C6 571hp/650nm but 2,025kg
The new one is 4.0 V8 560hp/700nm 1900kg which is moving into the right direction - more power, less weight.
Which should improve the handling of this grocery getter

--

Whiskey is my yoga

Previous | 123 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular