Forums > General > Retirement

RETIREMENT
Previous | 1 | Next

When I retire in approx 25-30 years I have promised (with the agreement of "her indoors") to buy a sports car of some kind.

I always fancied a boxster/911 dependant on the £ situation but come to think of it....
1) Will there be such cars about?
2) I wont be able to get a manual
3) They will be so expensive I will end up buying my company car

Does this depress anyone else?

I thought you drove a green Lambo. ;)

Updated December 4, 2012 at 3:16 PM

Most people believe that the changes are accelerating - I'm not sure it's true though; is there a bigger gap between today and the '80s than between the '80s and the '50s?
So assuming the changes keep the same pace, you could imagine that in 30 years you'll be able to buy a today's car in similar conditions as you could get a car from the '80s now...
Here's what you get today for £25,000 8)

--

Pilouil
Citroen C3 1.4 HDI 69.0424 bhp

Dude - you cant wait 25-30 years to start scratching your car itches. :?

(unless I've misinterpretted your post of course)

I'm more concerned about plague, famine, mutants, The Lord Humungous and alien invasion. Also dying unfulfilled whilst I wait 30 years to buy a decent car.

--

I often drive for a road travel

There have been a few itches taken care of in the past and im sure there will be a few on the way but this one will be a dream car that i plan to keep

zedleg said...

I'm more concerned about plague, famine, mutants, The Lord Humungous and alien invasion. Also dying unfulfilled whilst I wait 30 years to buy a decent car.

And the fact that petrol cars will probably be illegal.

Boxster as a dream car?

Is this a joke thread? 25-30 years?

You never know what's going to happen tomorrow, you may be dead well before then, if an itch needs scratching then scratch it now.

--

How about not having a sig at all?

and not pay the mortgage?

realistic yes, hence the 911

Mito Man said...

Is this a joke thread? 25-30 years?

You never know what's going to happen tomorrow, you may be dead well before then, if an itch needs scratching then scratch it now.

We're still talking about cars, right? Nothing medical;)

--

Definition of an optimist… "A person who thinks he can just afford to run a second-hand Aston Martin"

Marv said...

zedleg said...

And the fact that petrol cars will probably be illegal.

I wouldn't mind that so much if we could all drive cool converted classics like in Gattaca.

--

I often drive for a road travel

I am hoping to get something sporty when my lad goes off to uni in 3 years time (then we will only need two seats).
Tight budget though, probably a Z3/4 or something along those lines or maybe a second hand GT86 when they start coming on the market cheap cos Subaru have brought out a turbo'd version. 8)

--

Procrastination Man will be with you in a minute...

Why not buy one now and keep it 25-30 years ?. The right one will be a classic by then

In 25 years time I will be benevolent emperor of everything, people who buy performance cars will receive incentives in the form of Revels, Coke and Hookers on a sliding scale. I will also turn the Evo Triangle into 'The GB Ring' for verily awesome races. You can all thank me in the future.

--

Stolen Orions on fire off the hard shoulder of the M8. I watched neds litter in the dark near the Tennents shop. All those... moments... will be lost in time, like [coughs] tears... in... rain. Time... to die...

djchocice said...

In 25 years time I will be benevolent emperor of everything, people who buy performance cars will receive incentives in the form of Revels, Coke and Hookers on a sliding scale. I will also turn the Evo Triangle into 'The GB Ring' for verily awesome races. You can all thank me in the future.

I'd like to thank you now!

--

My Flickr

Invisible Speakers

It would depress me to even think about waiting 25-30 years for something like that.
Adjust your budget and time line by at least two decades.
Life is too short.

It's quite a skill I think to work and enjoy life in such a way so when you do give up work you still have a reasonable amount of freedom and financial comfort.

Set some yearly targets for the car and if it is possible to still enjoy other cars along the way then go for it :D

Dave!

--

I came here to drink milk and kick ass..... and i've just finished my milk!!!!

You could get an early Boxster for under £5k which isn't goig to exploded anytime soon: AutoTrader

EDIT: Might cost you an arm and leg in maintenance though.....

Updated December 4, 2012 at 8:59 PM

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular