Forums > General > WRC?

WRC?
Previous | 12 | Next

Loeb leaving, question mark on the future of Citroen, Ford and Mini retiring, and now Petter Solberg failing to find a car for 2013...
Is WRC going for anything else than a painful agony? :(

--

Pilouil
Citroen C3 1.4 HDI 69.0424 bhp

Eh?

I thought it was dead a long time ago.

Next year will be good, though Solberg being forced out of the sport is a tragedy (he didn't help himself by crashing so much this year however).

For all the talk of how WRC is a dead duck, take some positives:

1. Red Bull have taken over the promotion so it'll be on telly again.

2. VW entering with Ogier, Latvala and Mikkelsen on most events.

3. Sordo back in a factory car as teammate to Hirvonen at Citroen.

4. Ford may have pulled out as a major sponsor, but they are still supporting M-Sport and there will be at least three Fiestas on all rounds.

5. Loeb is on a limited program, so there will be a new world champion for the first time since 2003.

Keep the faith y'all, best sport in the world.

Won't loeb leaving be a good thing?

--

How about not having a sig at all?

IT was so hard to follow this year. Coverage is on late at night, and I couldn't get my sky box tro series record it so missed almost all of it.

I loved Rallying when I was a kid, by far my favourite car thing, although that was Group B nutter stage in the early eighties which probably helped.

Get it back on ITV4 with a decent presenter and with an actual fight for the wins and cars we can get a road version of (proper one, not a C4 by Loeb effort!) and folks might be interested again.

Don't mention Group B on this forum; we all got totally over-excited about the subject, with me being one of the worst culprits :lol:

I think the Scoobies and Evos dying out signified the death of any interest I had in WRC. It's all Fiestas and crap now, isn't it? How the hell can that be interesting - IMPOSSIBRU!!

JL said...

I think the Scoobies and Evos dying out signified the death of any interest I had in WRC. It's all Fiestas and crap now, isn't it? How the hell can that be interesting - IMPOSSIBRU!!

THIS with bells on!

--

Nordschleife - there's only two barriers to worry about - the ones on the left and the ones on the right!

JL said...

Don't mention Group B on this forum; we all got totally over-excited about the subject, with me being one of the worst culprits :lol:

If only evo would do a test ...

If only ..

--

GiraffeIT.com / Installations / Support / Training
evo featured Renault Megane R26 (c) Barry Club.

Yeah, it was much better when rallying was made up of:

and

--

She's built like a steakhouse but she handles like a bistro.

It's not where you start in life - it's where you end up.

Same for cars.

As you know well.

:lol:

The WRC cars do look pretty good. I think the watering down of the sport and constant massive annual rule changes are what's killed it in my eyes.

I agree , they look very aggressive.

Lets loose the power restrictors and let the designers go mad for a bit. Power overload again ..

--

I think the cars are a little too accomplished so it's not the spectacle it once was. It looks too easy (even though it isn't).

--

She's built like a steakhouse but she handles like a bistro.

Until there is more power than grip I think they are doomed

see?

--

Mito Man said...

NO

--

Cheers,
James

TwinTurbot said...

Mito Man said...

NO

No its great for the sport! Having a one driver/team dominate for Nine years in a row has taken the shine off it, well that and various other factors.

Hopefully with RedBovine supporting the series it will start to make something of a recovery.

We just need a return to a five day RAC rally covering pretty much the whole country, cars with more power than grip and Rally report in the evenings and then the world will be back to rights once again! And pigs might levitate, hey never mind.....

Blah, blah Group B blah, blah not the same as it used to be.

I find it interesting people make such comments without having watched WRC recently.

The current cars are brilliant. No more active diffs, no more paddle-shift gearboxes. The drivers are working as hard as ever. And as for speed, a Group B car wouldn't see which way a WRC went (or a Group A car for the matter).

Exhibit A Latvala GB Onboard

Ok, the don't sound like they used to but that's just the modern way.

I get tired of all the negativity when people are just too lazy to get off their arses and watch it.

I might like to redress the balance somewhat.

Group B "finished" in 1986. That was 24 years ago.

The amount of development in the modern cars is phonominal - its no wonder the modern car is faster.

If you took all the shackles off the modern cars they would be faster than present and more spectacular.

We all love group B for the spectacle. Its simply not matched by modern rally.

Exhibit B : here

Updated December 4, 2012 at 10:49 PM

--

and here is a pic of Xzibit

--

Current rallies videos are sometimes pretty nice - what WRC is lacking is more exposure, and it results in limited motivation for manufacturers to compete...
Unfortunately with the repeated brain-washing telling that driving fast is a criminal activity, it's difficult for such sport to exist and survive :?

Updated December 4, 2012 at 11:26 PM

--

Pilouil
Citroen C3 1.4 HDI 69.0424 bhp

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular