Forums > General > Evo issue 178

EVO ISSUE 178
Previous | 12 | Next

Wow, has the quality gone up markedly? (And I'm not just talking about the Fast Fleet article on the Nissan GT-R that starts on p.126 ;) ).
Cover and paper quality up massively.

Oh and congrats Audio_Chris, make space on your wrist. (The "daftest thing you've done in a car" thread.)

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

I haven't got it yet. What was your GTR's lap time?

Is it in the shops or is it only subs copies that have come through?

--

Stolen Orions on fire off the hard shoulder of the M8. I watched neds litter in the dark near the Tennents shop. All those... moments... will be lost in time, like [coughs] tears... in... rain. Time... to die...

Alex88 said...

I haven't got it yet. What was your GTR's lap time?

1:19.6 running 580hp, on MPSSs and standard suspension.
1:19.2 exactly as above, but on the Litchfield suspension.

Both with Dickie M driving and on similarly hot days.

I'll let you look up how that compares to the standard cars evo have tested...

--

www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

It's official, that's the worst subs cover evar.:( Come on chaps, have some faith in your photographers. Is this the work of this Rob Gould character? :?

Only read Henry's Caterham R600/SP300R article so far, good work as always.

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

duncs500 said...

It's official, that's the worst subs cover evar.:( Come on chaps, have some faith in your photographers. Is this the work of this Rob Gould character? :?

You're in the minority there. Dean (who took the shot) Tweeted "Lots of love for the Subscribers cover, I'll shut up about it soon... ta very much!"

What do you mean "have some faith in your photographers"? Did you think it was CGI or something?

And what about the actual quality of the cover and paper? Feels better to me.

--

www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

And a buying guide on Clios! Maybe Swervin Mervin should have held onto his just in case... :)

Also saqw a picture of a goldy beige Quattroporte. NOt sure if it is the real thing or an "artists" rendering but they have grafted on an Audi rear end and it looks rubbish! :(

Gawd knows, looks like an M600 wrapped in a gay pride flag.

Quality wise, yeah, probably feels a little better quality.

--

- Uninspiring soundtrack

£3600 to go 0.4 seconds faster, David?

Are you sure you didn't just take a dump before the faster time was set? ;)

Look forward to hearing what it can do once it gets the power upgrades 8)

--

Speed holes.

Looks good, and glad to see the RS4 longtermer, although it should have gone to Henry

duncs500 said...

Seriously? I thought it lokked awsome

--

Ben

David_Yu said...

duncs500 said...

You're in the minority there.

IYNSHO, Not a good cover (super rainbow spoiled the lines of the car and hid the engine, might have been nicer in B&W) and spoiled totally by that stupid merc ad.

And less said about tuners monthy in FF the better :roll:

:P

The cover being 6mm thinner than the rest of the mag really annoys me more than it should! The quality does seem better, but that just ruins it.

I hate them fold out front pages when there's an advert on the back of it :(

As ever, I'm not keen on photoshop front covers ;)

That's enough moaning anyway, the actual contents of the mag looks good to me!

--

Speed holes.

Marv said...

The cover being 6mm thinner than the rest of the mag really annoys me more than it should! The quality does seem better, but that just ruins it.

Gayness beyond belief! ;)

:lol:

--

Speed holes.

Ben__B said...

duncs500 said...

Seriously? I thought it lokked awsome

What can I say, I'm a traditionalist, I just want nice photos of nice cars on the cover just like we get inside the mag innit.;)

--

- Uninspiring soundtrack

Marv said...

As ever, I'm not keen on photoshop front covers ;)

Just to clarify (as Dean's not here to do so), it's not Photoshop. The idea behind the image was to try to encapsulate the entire Spirit of Speed package in a single shot, rather than it representing the Noble drive story alone. We'll leave you to figure out how it was done. :D

Interesting to hear everyone's thoughts on this and the rest of the issue. Keep 'em coming.

Marv said...

£3600 to go 0.4 seconds faster, David?

:shock:

Drove through a gay pride demonstration (or carnival, which is it?) with a camera strapped to the back on a mega long exposure?:D

TBF I can see what you're trying to do with it, and it makes sense. I just don't like it personally, looks like I'm in a minority though.

--

- Uninspiring soundtrack

Sub issue arrived yesterday, had a quick flick (of the mag!!) looks to be a cracker.
Gutted reading about the orange lambo!
Cover looked cool to me, BMW art car almost

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular