Forums > General > Vettel wins Autosport intl. driver award

VETTEL WINS AUTOSPORT INTL. DRIVER AWARD
Previous | 1 | Next

Autosport awarded Seb their international driver of the year award again this year.

It would be interesting to see their justification beyond the points total.

--

Something appropriate here

Alonso.

End.

Also surprised they chose Button over Hamilton for top UK driver.

--

She's built like a steakhouse but she handles like a bistro.

NotoriousREV said...

Me too. Does moving to Merc make you German :roll:.

NotoriousREV said...

He only scored two points less and didn't write stupid things on twitter ;)

Marv said...

NotoriousREV said...

... and more importantly he didn't move to Mercedes :P
(regarding the points, Hamilton lost an awful lot of points due to the McL's lack of reliability whereas Button was miraculously immune).

--

Pilouil
Citroen C3 1.4 HDI 69.0424 bhp

pilouil said...

Marv said...

NotoriousREV said...

(regarding the points, Hamilton lost an awful lot of points due to the McL's lack of reliability whereas Button was miraculously immune).

Monza?

Incidentally, I find it interesting that Button outscored Hamilton over their 3 years together. Not many people would have predicted that 3 years ago.

Updated December 3, 2012 at 2:20 PM

--

Impreza WRX STi Spec-C V-Limited Toshi Arai Edition/ GTR/ Panda 100HP Pandamonium/ 316d

Mark BT52 said...

pilouil said...

Marv said...

NotoriousREV said...

Monza?

Incidentally, I find it interesting that Button outscored Hamilton over their 3 years together. Not many people would have predicted that 3 years ago.

Yet some people would still have you believe that JB is a vastly inferior driver.

Marv said...

NotoriousREV said...

Scored 2 points less despite finishing in 3 more races. And spent what felt like the entire season whinging about both understeer and oversteer at the same time.

I like Button a lot, especially when he's totally "on it".

But, and especially in the last few races, Hamilton was the better driver.

--

She's built like a steakhouse but she handles like a bistro.

Mark BT52 said...

Monza?

... and Bahrein to be fair.
The McLaren was really a pure crap this year :lol:
Still, Hamilton has been more impacted (Singapore, Abu Dhabi, Korea - not to mention the grid penalty due to gearbox change in China).

And Button has been reported to be rubbish in F1 so how could he be the UK driver of the year? :lol:

--

Pilouil
Citroen C3 1.4 HDI 69.0424 bhp

I would have thought Kimi would be a worthy winner. Not taking anything away from Vettel.

--

Tree Trunks, I'm all jacked up because of you. Look at my jacked up face!

A little bird tells me Vettel and Newey have signed with Ferrari for 2014.

--

Cunt

NotoriousREV said...

:shock: hadn't spotted that. So they officially saw a different season to everyone else..

perhaps in these hard times its the old make a stupid statement to drive people to the site ploy for advertising cash. Doing a whole award ceremony around it seems a bit stupid though :roll:

--

NotoriousREV said...

Marv said...

NotoriousREV said...

Scored 2 points less despite finishing in 3 more races. And spent what felt like the entire season whinging about both understeer and oversteer at the same time.

I like Button a lot, especially when he's totally "on it".

But, and especially in the last few races, Hamilton was the better driver.

Yes, result wise Hamilton did better. But posting qualifying data on Twitter can't be ignored and is going to count quite badly against you IMO

It's ok looks like the BRDC have restored some sanity. Lewis best brit and Fernando fastest lap of Silverstone for the second yr running.

Updated December 3, 2012 at 11:49 PM

--

Button can't set up a car or drive around problems like Hamilton can. For Button when the car is fast he's untouchable but the following week he might finish 10th. Hamilton and Alonso are fast even when the car is 85% to their liking, guys like Prost were the same.

OP: Vettel driver of the yr? Did he cheat though? The Red Bull had a form of traction control at the start of the year and only got discovered in Germany. Although when they took it off the car went faster?! How does that all work - anyone?

Updated December 4, 2012 at 12:04 AM

--

www.nitroaddiction.co.uk

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular