Forums > General > ESP / Traction control = dangerous

ESP / TRACTION CONTROL = DANGEROUS
Previous | 1 | Next

Arrived at icey open car park tonight.

Cue some donuts and lazy drifts before parking. Natchurally. 8)

Came back out - all fluids still warm... so it would be rude to exit without a few more. However - I found some unexpected grip which fired me rather effectively straight towards a kerb. :o Just stopped in time before realising i'd forgot to switch the above systems off. :roll:

Remember kids - safety systems = dangerous! :roll:

I did something similar:

R33 GTR. Brand new NISMO TE37s. Snowy car park. Group of mates stood watching. I blipped the throttle to get the back out, the ATTESSA system shuffled the power forward to the front wheels and powered me the way the front wheels were pointing. I avoided a kerb by less than an inch.

--

What's the difference between a BMW and a hedgehog?

I think a failed drift in your work car park in front of colleagues is obligatory for a petrol head :lol:
I managed a similar one to you Rev, but in the 328i purely due to the rear finding grip on an unevenly icy surface and the front sliding like a good'un!

--

My Flickr

Invisible Speakers

That's what you get get for showing off :lol:

You should drive more considerate for the conditions. LOL.

--

I can only please one person a day. Today is not your day and tomorrow don't look good either.

focus69 said...

That's what you get get for showing off :lol:

You should drive more considerate for the conditions. LOL.

Note than none of us actually crashed our cars, but instead used our skillz to rescue the situ. 8)

--

My Flickr

Invisible Speakers

O o O o O o O o O o O o O o

(Sphincter!). :lol:

--

Cheers,

Ian

"Watch this!"

<crump>

--

Knackered old hairdresser's sh1tter

As I was sliding towards the kerb (which was actually a corner), rh side front wheel first I was actually trying to decide whether to just pay for a new wheel or whether to claim on the insurance.

--

What's the difference between a BMW and a hedgehog?

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular