Forums > evo magazine > EVO 178

EVO 178
Previous | 1 | Next

It's Friday and that time again.....anyone got their copy yet?

Not here.

Harry's twitter reesonse indicates yet another embargo and a delay until Monday or Tuesday.

Hopefully for a relevant drive story of something genuinely new and exciting (NOT Vanquish in 176) and not some factory PR release. Maybe they've driven the new Cayman already?

Just received mine; I still haven't finished reading 175. :oops:

--

Kintegra y0!

Great cover, detest the flip out Merc advert, ruins it for me.

Let me guess - embargoed for an exclusive first passenger ride in an exciting new Aston Martin Cygnet special edition ? Special pearl white paint job?

Got mine, Simon George's Murci :shock: Ouch!

breakersrevenge said...

BLOODY HORRIBLE WTF WERE THEY THINKING?!
Fold out ads are bad enough but the cover is about 5mm short of the rest of the pages.

Cover shot anyone?

RobYob said...

breakersrevenge said...

BLOODY HORRIBLE WTF WERE THEY THINKING?!
Fold out ads are bad enough but the cover is about 5mm short of the rest of the pages.

Agreed.

When Evo sells its pages to an advert feature that jeopardises its tactile quality - it feels like my mag has been ar53 raped and I want to bin it.
I just tore the front page off and also boycotted the merc C class I was considering placing an order on.

:shock: is that so difficult to at least fold the cover at the right place so that it would actually cover the pages? :?

--

Pilouil
Citroen C3 1.4 HDI 69.0424 bhp

Wow, people seem really bent out of shape about a friggin advert!! Get a life!

The important thing is "how good is the magazine" and the answer in my opinion is fair to middling. Its a typical "edition after ECOTY" where the boys were scratching around a bit for stuff to fill an issue...

I'm still waiting for the full Audi RS4 road test, v rivals with performance figures...wonder if we will see that in the new year? Can't believe they'd have waited months to test a new BMW M3...is the old anti Audi bias still pervading, I wonder?

Wouldn't mind a shot in those caterhams....
That pic on page 94 of the sp300.... What a good looking car

Haven´t still got mine and it has again been in the shop shelves at least a week here in Finland. Probably a postman reads it a week and then carefully wraps it up again and bring it to me 8)

--

-Mountune Performance-

I can't believe they rated the Mustang 3 stars. It was one of the worst reviews I've read in EVO. Jethro seemed to hate the car and finds few redeeming qualities, so why 3 stars? Surely 2 at the most. It really does sound like a terrible car though - perfect for Mercans :lol:

--

My Flickr

Invisible Speakers

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular