Forums > General > Le Wochenende

LE WOCHENENDE
Previous | 12 | Next

Early start to the weekend for me:

Fri: Drive to Exeter and back (via Mr Flew's gaff) to wave goodbye to the Clio and pick up the new motor. It's going to be a long day! If we're back in time hopefully out for a bite to eat.

Sat: Early start again as stove man comes round to rip out the (very) badly installed flue liner, stove and cowl in one room, and the flueless gas fire in another, before fitting a nice new stove with correct liner etc. Mucho £££ :(

Then it's out to the Warehouse Project in Manchester for Orbital 8) Hopefully they're not going to be on at some stupid hour of the evening.

Sun: Sleep. Lots of sleep. And drink. And apparently christmas decorations ( :? ), but I'm going to try and sneak off for a sleep. :lol:

Tomorrow: get on a plane at Heathrow.

Sunday: get off a plane in Auckland.

Monday - Thursday: catch up with people, relax, sightsee with family, drink beautifully made coffees, try not to get sunburned from sitting under a massive hole in the ozone layer.

Friday: get married :shock:

You win! :lol:

That's a hell of a long way to go to gwt hitched. :shock:

Hope it all goes swimmingly for you both and good luck/congratulations etc. 8)

My weekend started just over a week ago, but

today I will wander along the beach to collect my registration pack for IronMan Phuket 70.3, then maybe a a bit of a run.

Saturday will involve checking my bike into transition and generally taking it easy

Sunday up ridiculously early even by my standards, sort out all my gear in transition, try not to puke, (as I did last weekend) then go for a bit of a swim, spin on the bike and a gentle jog. Plan is to go under 5 hours and hopefully top 10 in my age group

Couple of days in Bangkok then back to India.

Cheers, Rich

--

having sex with three hookers at once and getting your mother to watch a video of it to score you on technique afterwards

Fri: Work
Sat: Stuff
Sun: LA autoshow :)

simongardner said...

Monday - Thursday: catch up with people, relax, sightsee with family, drink beautifully made coffees, try not to get sunburned from sitting under a massive hole in the ozone layer.

Good stuff Simon, let us know how you get on 8)

Sat: Santa Express on the East Lancs Railway

Sun: Try to resist buying a motorbike.

--

Out of step with the forum.

Tonight: 1st date in four years :lol:

Sat: Working

Sun: Working

Sat - lay a load of interlocking tiles on the garage floor and hopefully get rid of the concrete dust for good. Should be a nicer place to work on the car too.

Sun - not a great deal.

Marv said...

simongardner said...

Good stuff Simon, let us know how you get on 8)

+1 Congratulations, have a great time

--

Ben

Fri - finish work, pick up a Wii U if possible, gym, and if I have managed to grab Wii U... hook it up and play (enjoy) it...

Sat - some work, meet up with g/f for meal and movie - End of Watch.

Sun - Comic book convention... GEEK POWER! Though I would happily swap this for LA Auto Show;)

--

Tree Trunks, I'm all jacked up because of you. Look at my jacked up face!

Congratulations, Simon! 8)

Tonight : XBox and beer.

Tomorrow : Uke for a mate who's doing his Dan grade theory. Coach a few beginners through their first grading. Out in the evening for Christmas meal - a Brazilian restaurant (!) followed by much alcohol and silliness.

Sunday : Recover.

--

Something witty goes here.....

Jorg Gray Ltd Edition Watch Number : 313631

Congrats Si!

Dr. A.: remember the lesson from "Something About Mary"

Tonight: make sure wife is wrapped up warm - sleeping outside to raise money for a homeless charity

Tomorrow: work

Sunday: pretend it is Saturday and that I have the whole weekend ahead of me.

--

DeskJockey
---
Now fueled by heavy oil...

Usual stuff - BMMA with the nipper tonight - find out if he's got his Orange Belt tonight. He should do - he didn't put a foot wrong in the grading IMO but I'm not the judge. Followed by Curry.

Christmas Shopping on Saturday followd by dinner in a friends place.

Nowt on Sunday.

--

and from the beginning think what may be the end.

Congrats Simon.

Today I bought some knobblies for the Boardman, had a ride on a CRF250, and put the bikes in the garage finally. Off to the pub later.

Saturday:

Get an offcut of carpet to keep garage dust down over winter.

Sunday:

Early mountain bike ride in the freezing fog.. Yay.

Not working!!!

Fri : chill
Sat : out in london for my gfs birthday with 15 mates, bowling at Bloomsbury lanes (she wanted to do it!) and then drinking.
Sun : chill/ride depending on weather/hangover.

Updated November 30, 2012 at 5:15 PM

--

Cheers

Rich

rented a cottage in Malvern, lovely place it is too puzzlewood and the Severn valley railway on the cards, nearly didn't make it though, returning from picking the eldest from nursery along a local B road a bin wagon came round a blind corner at speed completely on my side of the road, had to take avoiding action and that meant heading towards a ditch, car was sideways and missed by inches. The wagon driver continued on his merry way.

Fri - nothing of note
sat - Up early to take stunning pics of blue skies and flooded fields/reflections, then getting drunk in a brewary.
Sun - local car club meet and meal in pub

--

My Glass is always half full

Christ that was a long day, but so far seems very much worth it. Massive thanks to Mr Flew for his time, assistance and the brew. And for the bloody good car chat :D

Dinny_G said...

find out if he's got his Orange Belt tonight.

Orange Belt won!!! :D Proud Dad!

--

and from the beginning think what may be the end.

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular