Forums > General > For the FTAO off of Cap'n Bruce Sharky McRum Bunta

FOR THE FTAO OFF OF CAP'N BRUCE SHARKY MCRUM BUNTA
Previous | 1 | Next

Did you ever buy a KTM Duke 200?

--

Out of step with the forum.

Not yet mate.

Test ride was great - really fun little bike and felt well put together. Cheap as chips here as well: 1.2 Lac on the road - about 1300 quid in UK money.

I have left it for the moment however as I might be shifting offices/countries again but wont know until the new year - if I stay put then will pick one up for sure.

--

Bunta's Tofu

'kin 'ell, bring us one back in your suitcase. They're £4200 over here.

I'm considering a 640 Duke II next year.

Updated November 29, 2012 at 4:15 PM

--

How much :shock:

I know they are cheaper here as they build them in the new Indian KTM factory so there is none of the silly import tax, but that is a big difference!

I think there is a 350 or 390 Duke on the way as well - might be worth a gander.

Duke 640 sounds great mate - I'd love one!

Updated November 29, 2012 at 4:27 PM

--

Bunta's Tofu

Bunta said...

How much :shock:

I know they are cheaper here as they build them in the new Indian KTM factory so there is none of the silly import tax, but that is a big difference!

I think there is a 350 or 390 Duke on the way as well - might be worth a gander.

Duke 640 sounds great mate - I'd love one!

The 390 is only £300 more than the 200 and doesn't appear to be much slower than the 690 :?

--

690 is £7k here I believe? Taking the pith.

I like the idea of the 390 but having ridden a DR400 I wasn't impressed with the over all shove, having been spoilt with bigger bikes for so long :?

You can pick up a Duke II for £2.5k. Or I might just find a knackered old XT600 or something for under a grand.

--

Was pondering buying one there and riding it home. I imagine overland from India is much more of a hassle these days than it used to be though, what with Afghanistan and Iran in the way.

NotoriousREV said...

You can pick up a Duke II for £2.5k.

You can have my Fazer600 for that, I fancy an old ZX9R/blade just cos..

Updated November 29, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Barry said...

NotoriousREV said...

You can pick up a Duke II for £2.5k.

You can have my Fazer600 for that, I fancy an old ZX9R/blade just cos..

Nah, not a fan of the Fazer. An original Blade would be good.

--

I fancy a change and since I just got some Dianese one piece leathers I intend ticking off my bike trackday itch next year. Reckon I'll swap in the 600 for an older 'blade or a ZX9 if I can find one that isn't ruined or with an owner that thinks its worth more than a similar age Fireblade :roll:

After the success of my €950 RF900 I'm tempted to scout around for another £1k snotter.

What I'd really like is a 1990 GSXR750L (the 1st with USD forks) but haven't seen one for sale for ages.

Updated November 29, 2012 at 9:36 PM

--

Loads of classic superbikes about for that budget imo, I can see the appeal alright. I want something inbetween, still old school (ie can fit a normal adult without extensive yoga beforehand) but modern enough that it can withstand a trackday or ten and maybe a thrash to Italy and back next summer 8)

Thinking '02 blade or ZX9R as they fit that role well..

Just found a clean-looking ZX7R for £1295. High mileage but looks tidy.

Plenty of the SRAD Bubble Butt Gixxers in the sub-£2k market too.

Updated November 29, 2012 at 9:55 PM

--

A ride back from India sounds like a good way to spend a two month holiday!

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular