Forums > Gaming forum > FarCry 3 Quicklook

FARCRY 3 QUICKLOOK

exiges said...

David_Yu said...

Hello? Anyone? I can't be the only person who bought the Lost Expeditions versions! How the hell do you access them?

I thought they just appeared on your map automatically as orange icon/missions.

This. I've done one of them (escape from a missile bunker) so far.

I've now cleared all but one outposts on the first island and unlocked 10 radio towers. Are all the lost letters on the first island? I'm missing 4 and can't find them anywhere.

--

Something witty goes here.....

Jorg Gray Ltd Edition Watch Number : 313631

Duh, thanks! I was on the south island and never zoomed out enough on the map to see them as they're both on the north island.

Pretty inaccessible locations, had to on a long quad bike ride to reach the first one. Going to have a go shortly.

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

Delphi said...

I'm missing 4 and can't find them anywhere.

Have you bought the maps from the shop ? They should show you the locations. If you have and they're not showing, then I guess they must be on the other island/

South island map

CLICKY

Updated January 7, 2013 at 10:10 AM

--

AmperaWomenCar Trade

Well that was pretty dull. Even the puzzle element of searching for the documents is made redundant by the big flashing yellow areas showing where they are.

Is it worth getting all the lost letters?

--

www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

David_Yu said...

Well that was pretty dull. Even the puzzle element of searching for the documents is made redundant by the big flashing yellow areas showing where they are.

Is it worth getting all the lost letters?

I've been pretty underwhelmed with the "Lost" missions.

--

AmperaWomenCar Trade

Done both Lost Expeditions now; how incredibly boring! "40 minutes gameplay" my ar$e! One of them even has a 10 minute countdown FFS! :roll:

I think I'll do all the stronghold takedowns then put it away.

Did anyone play the co-op separate story? The setup video on the cruise liner was quite good for a game add-on.

--

www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

Haven't done any Co-Op yet. I've only got one person on XBox Live who has Far Cry 3 (brokeitagain, IIRC). Are you on XBox, David?

--

Would it be sensible to take some time out and re-enable the radio towers early on in the game?

N said...

Would it be sensible to take some time out and re-enable the radio towers early on in the game?

Yep, it unlocks weapons quicker and obviously reveals more of the map.

Delphi, yes I'm on 360.

--

www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

I'm Digitalv10lence on X-Box, if you fancy doing some co-op at some point. I know there are Co-Op specific achievements on the game.

I'd recommend unlocking all the radio towers and clearing out the outposts. But go hunting first to allow you to carry more weapons/ammo/loot.

--

Me and a mate tried the co-op last night.

It's pretty 'meh'.

Linear, on rails shooter you've seen in most other games. You can't really make use of the stealth element and its riddled with bugs.

--

ClubLupo
Technomotive - Games, Cars, Stuff

Cheers, like HL2 this game makes me feel sick

Sold my copy on Ebay last night (20 quid), put it on as a buy it now, and it sold after 10 minutes :)

Updated January 8, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Delphi said...

I'm Digitalv10lence on X-Box, if you fancy doing some co-op at some point. I know there are Co-Op specific achievements on the game.

I'd recommend unlocking all the radio towers and clearing out the outposts. But go hunting first to allow you to carry more weapons/ammo/loot.

I'd be up to try co-op at some point.

I've just rescued friend 2. Currently wandering round hunting random things. Might try and get on with the story as it's getting a bit boring.

I can not find a tapir to make a new bag with

Check the map, it often shows you where to find certain animals, even early on.

--

www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

Completed the single player (goody two shoes ending) a couple of nights ago: I cleared all radio towers and outposts and had several special weapons quite early on, which made the rest of the game a bit too easy.

I will try coop today - hoping it's like L4D. Intro looks excellent.

--

Cheers,

Ian

dont know if ill bother getting it. played it round at a mates house and it seemed pretty boring. and the whole animal thing is just annoying 'find a jaguars ear lobe to hold your grenade pins'.

--

Pain don't hurt

Story all finished now. Not really impressed with the ending but some of the later missions are quite good fun. I think I left the outposts too late as they seemed to be fairly straightforward after getting the special weapons (the modified sniper is amazing).

Can't be bothered wandering round trying to find all the collectibles so I'll probably get rid now.

I really enjoyed it but have no intention of playing it again I hate to say - got a bit boring by the end and the co-op was quite stale.

--

Bunta's Tofu

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular