Forums > Gaming forum > FarCry 3 Quicklook

FARCRY 3 QUICKLOOK

FarCry3 is up for £21 on Steam today.

Some good deals on, Binding of Isaac for 99p !

Deus Ex Revolution for £3.74

David_Yu said...

Who chose the dark ending and is it worth seeing?

I really enjoyed it, but thought the two boss fights were anti-climactic and confusing. What happened in the real world?

Youtube!

Seems a little at odds with what happens after the dark ending...

--

GiraffeIT.com / Installations / Support / Training
evo featured Renault Megane R26 (c) Barry Club.

I love the weird ways the wildlife interactions can help/hinder you. I was clearing an enemy outpost all stealthily with takedowns, I was halfway through when a tiger ambled in and decided to help me by eating everyone else (including the attack dog) that was left. Fortunately, he was sufficiently weakened that he was a piece of piss to kill after.

Another time, I was hiding by a river trying to figure out the best way of taking out a group of pirates when a crocodile dragged me into the river and ate me.

--

Something witty goes here.....

Jorg Gray Ltd Edition Watch Number : 313631

andybond said...

David_Yu said...

Who chose the dark ending and is it worth seeing?

I really enjoyed it, but thought the two boss fights were anti-climactic and confusing. What happened in the real world?

Youtube!

Seems a little at odds with what happens after the dark ending...

Ooh, dark! I can see now that is the one Bunts referred to originally. Unsurprising insight into his psyche... :lol:

I must go back and play the extra missions. Has everyone played the multi-player co-op story with completely different characters?

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

Delphi said...

I love the weird ways the wildlife interactions can help/hinder you. I was clearing an enemy outpost all stealthily with takedowns, I was halfway through when a tiger ambled in and decided to help me by eating everyone else (including the attack dog) that was left. Fortunately, he was sufficiently weakened that he was a piece of piss to kill after.

Another time, I was hiding by a river trying to figure out the best way of taking out a group of pirates when a crocodile dragged me into the river and ate me.

I was scouting out an outpost last night when I noticed a tiger sneaking up behind me. I made the tactical decision to punch the tiger then sprint through the middle of the outpost lobbing a few grenades as I went. Wasn't subtle but it was surprisingly effective :lol:.

--

I often drive for a road travel

Finished the campaign last night. Genuinely sad to end such an exciting story. But now I can concentrate on all the side missions plus the outposts. I've bagged 20 relics so have got a beast of a sniper rifle too. Plan on using that to take out bad guys from the hills!

And since we are talking about animals – early on in the game I was planning how to attack two guys who'd broken down in their truck. Just as I was about to hit them, I realised a leopard was actually stalking me in the long grass! I ended up windmilling the bugger while sh1tting myself!

Ordered this (Xbox) on the strength of this thread.

Can't justify building a gaming rig for one game sadly.

I picked this up, but I'm not convinced.

- Taking over bases becomes a chore, no variation in it at all.
- Money is never an issue, so sidequests become pointless especially as they give no worthwhile rewards. Not to mention that most of them are massively dull.
- They give all the guns away after you've unlocked a few radio towers making money further redundant.
- Silenced Sniper is massively OP, I have to stop myself from using it as it makes everything too easy.

Probably about 1/2 way though the main quest line at the moment, but I've not had any "holy sh1t!" moments yet. Feels fairly formulaic so far.

--

ClubLupo

Surely the lack of variation in taking outposts is down to your own lack of imagination?

IsoSonic said...

Surely the lack of variation in taking outposts is down to your own lack of imagination?

This.

Sure, you can play the game the same way throughout.. but thats the beauty of a good sandbox, not making you play a certain way.

Have you tried setting a bear on fire and releasing it into a camp ?

Have you put some C4 in a car and driven it over a cliff onto a base ?

No, but as I've completed all of them now, I feel I've missed out on this type of attack! I found it hard to not trigger any alarms and complete without getting noticed. Took a few attempts to get that perk unlocked.

I really enjoyed the game! Just on the grind to complete all the relics and lost letters etc now.

Ok, who's figured out how the hell you can access the Lost Expeditions bonus missions? I've searched every menu, started a co-op game, started a new single player story game and no dice!

Entered my Lost Expeditions code when prompted and it says it is now accessible but no clue as to where from. Can't find it on Marketplace etc.

--

www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

Yu - I found a sub menu in the options I assumed would point you towards the marketplace.

I started this morning the game. Very impressive but not very fun, yet.

I went through all the sub-menus and pressed the button that lead to Marketplace, but nothing there. It's not in the Far Cry 3 content section in Marketplace either, that's just full of videos to download.

--

www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

Played it for a few hours, couldn't get in to it sadly, not sure why. Didn't immerse me enough, and I need that as a very infrequent gamer.

Anyone want it, the PS3 version, make me an offer.

The Wife on the other hand is loving Lego LOTR's :)

I'll give you a tenner for it.;)

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

£20 inc p&p

David_Yu said...

Ok, who's figured out how the hell you can access the Lost Expeditions bonus missions? I've searched every menu, started a co-op game, started a new single player story game and no dice!

Entered my Lost Expeditions code when prompted and it says it is now accessible but no clue as to where from. Can't find it on Marketplace etc.

Hello? Anyone? I can't be the only person who bought the Lost Expeditions versions! How the hell do you access them?

--

www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

David_Yu said...

David_Yu said...

Hello? Anyone? I can't be the only person who bought the Lost Expeditions versions! How the hell do you access them?

I had a bonus mission which was something like the test chamber. I'm pretty sure you have to go into UPlay menu and spend points unlocking extras, like missions, weapons, etc.

I did google it to find an image on the map, but couldn't find much... The bonus missions appear in like an orange circle type thing. I didn't have the lost expedition, but the test chamber bonus and that appeared on the north island, on the very right lower hand side. HTH

David_Yu said...

I thought they just appeared on your map automatically as orange icon/missions.

That said, I had unlocked all the signature weapons and now they're not showing up in the game, and on Friday my cloud saves got screwed, so while it says I'm on Mission 6 when I try to load it, it takes me to mission 3.

Updated January 7, 2013 at 9:19 AM

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular