Forums > Gaming forum > FarCry 3 Quicklook

FARCRY 3 QUICKLOOK

I need to get back into the main story.

I'm finding clearing camps etc a little samey. I do like it when there's a caged animal you can let lose in the camp though!!

I love the island, its looks beatiful, and is fun. I think it's a bit of a shame everything gets marked on the map, therefore finding things becomes far too simple.

Also, hunting all the animals didn't take very long at all. Now I have all the pouches, there's zero point in killing the animals.

The radio tower puzzles are very cool. A great addition.

the other day i climbed to the top of the tallest mountain. I always like to do that on games. Near the top there is a hang glider. I rode the handglider out over the ocean and let go. That was a LONG way.

--

Beany said...

Oh dear lord can I marry you? <3

Have you molotov'd a grizzly near a camp - utter chaos! :twisted:

--

Cheers,

Ian

Does anyone use the bow? Once you have a silenced sniper rifle, why bother?
Only tried the bow in fairly basic form and it was hopeless.

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

I used the bow quite a lot - especially near the start of the game. Not much use against the bigger animals but useful especially as you haven't really got to worry about ammo (unless you're a crap shot ;)). It's a laugh with the explosive rounds too though not on that one mission where you have to use it - hated that bit.

Silenced sniper is nice but the AMR is the one to have. That and the Bushman were the 2 main weapons I was using by the end of the game. I carried 2 other guns around because I could but I didn't really need to bother.

I used to use the AMR before I got the Heavy Beatdown tatau as it'd one shot them. I switched back to the silenced sniper, as I like the stealthy approach.

The Shredder is my medium range weapon of choice with the Bushman as a backup.

--

Something witty goes here.....

Jorg Gray Ltd Edition Watch Number : 313631

Ooh, I never got the AMR. Was that an upgrade to the sniper rifle? Just did a Youtube search and it does seem to spoil the game rather thoroughly!

As with all those special weapons, by the time you've unlocked them, the game is 95% over, or soon will be...

--

www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

David_Yu said...

As with all those special weapons, by the time you've unlocked them, the game is 95% over, or soon will be...

I think they come from finding relics? So it depends how you play the game, i guess.

--

Beany said...

David_Yu said...

Check the progress icons in the Handbook. You get signature weapons for different things (unlocking radio towers, Trials Of The Rakyat, Relics, Letters Of The Lost etc).

--

Funniest game review ever: NSFW language!

So good it almost makes me want to go and play the game again. :lol:

--

www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

David_Yu said...

That's fucking brilliant! :lol:

--

Wow! I've just got back into the main story line.

It's so, so good. I love this game. The Ink Monster was mental.

--

Beany said...

I've now managed to get ALL the single player achievements (3 after completing the main story quest). Just have to run through the co-op stuff and I've got the full set. I'm inordinately proud as it's the first XBox game I've ever got all the achievements for. :)

--

I am now playing this & despite finding it tough going at first (due to me only ever playing 1 other FPS in my life) I'm now really enjoying it. The tension is great in some missions like 'Medusa's call' where you have to sneak around & stab em.

The random stuff is sometimes :shock: too, like the other night when I was sneaking up on someone, only to be eaten by a tiger :lol:

--

Cheers,

Gwaredd

steelesigns.co.uk

Just came across this on YouTube. The Say Hi To The Internet achievement makes a bit more sense now!

--

The frikkin game lost my cloud save and despite the list of saves saying I can load my most recent mission, when I go to load it it takes me back to about 6hrs of gameplay earlier

:evil:

exiges said...

The frikkin game lost my cloud save and despite the list of saves saying I can load my most recent mission, when I go to load it it takes me back to about 6hrs of gameplay earlier

:evil:

Wonder if that's a result of Microsoft's recent Azure SNAFU?

--

I'm just looking at the AMR gameplay videos on Youtube.

How did I ever miss that !?

Delphi said...

David_Yu said...

That's fucking brilliant! :lol:

I lost it at "...he's a fcking hedgehog" :D

Just finished this, really enjoyed - will probably play a bit more and explore island/slay some sharks.

Citra has a great rack 8)

Gone back to this to find enough relics to unlock the AMR.

Where can I go to find loads of bad guys to take out with it though?

Done all the outposts and main missions.

Can you turn all the Rakyats against you? :lol:

--

www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular