Forums > Gaming forum > FarCry 3 Quicklook

FARCRY 3 QUICKLOOK

I need to get back into the main story.

I'm finding clearing camps etc a little samey. I do like it when there's a caged animal you can let lose in the camp though!!

I love the island, its looks beatiful, and is fun. I think it's a bit of a shame everything gets marked on the map, therefore finding things becomes far too simple.

Also, hunting all the animals didn't take very long at all. Now I have all the pouches, there's zero point in killing the animals.

The radio tower puzzles are very cool. A great addition.

the other day i climbed to the top of the tallest mountain. I always like to do that on games. Near the top there is a hang glider. I rode the handglider out over the ocean and let go. That was a LONG way.

Have you molotov'd a grizzly near a camp - utter chaos! :twisted:

--

Cheers,

Ian

Does anyone use the bow? Once you have a silenced sniper rifle, why bother?
Only tried the bow in fairly basic form and it was hopeless.

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

I used the bow quite a lot - especially near the start of the game. Not much use against the bigger animals but useful especially as you haven't really got to worry about ammo (unless you're a crap shot ;)). It's a laugh with the explosive rounds too though not on that one mission where you have to use it - hated that bit.

Silenced sniper is nice but the AMR is the one to have. That and the Bushman were the 2 main weapons I was using by the end of the game. I carried 2 other guns around because I could but I didn't really need to bother.

I used to use the AMR before I got the Heavy Beatdown tatau as it'd one shot them. I switched back to the silenced sniper, as I like the stealthy approach.

The Shredder is my medium range weapon of choice with the Bushman as a backup.

--

Something witty goes here.....

Jorg Gray Ltd Edition Watch Number : 313631

Ooh, I never got the AMR. Was that an upgrade to the sniper rifle? Just did a Youtube search and it does seem to spoil the game rather thoroughly!

As with all those special weapons, by the time you've unlocked them, the game is 95% over, or soon will be...

--

www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

David_Yu said...

As with all those special weapons, by the time you've unlocked them, the game is 95% over, or soon will be...

I think they come from finding relics? So it depends how you play the game, i guess.

David_Yu said...

Check the progress icons in the Handbook. You get signature weapons for different things (unlocking radio towers, Trials Of The Rakyat, Relics, Letters Of The Lost etc).

--

Funniest game review ever: NSFW language!

So good it almost makes me want to go and play the game again. :lol:

--

www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

David_Yu said...

That's fucking brilliant! :lol:

--

Wow! I've just got back into the main story line.

It's so, so good. I love this game. The Ink Monster was mental.

I've now managed to get ALL the single player achievements (3 after completing the main story quest). Just have to run through the co-op stuff and I've got the full set. I'm inordinately proud as it's the first XBox game I've ever got all the achievements for. :)

--

I am now playing this & despite finding it tough going at first (due to me only ever playing 1 other FPS in my life) I'm now really enjoying it. The tension is great in some missions like 'Medusa's call' where you have to sneak around & stab em.

The random stuff is sometimes :shock: too, like the other night when I was sneaking up on someone, only to be eaten by a tiger :lol:

--

Cheers,

Gwaredd

steelesigns.co.uk

Just came across this on YouTube. The Say Hi To The Internet achievement makes a bit more sense now!

--

The frikkin game lost my cloud save and despite the list of saves saying I can load my most recent mission, when I go to load it it takes me back to about 6hrs of gameplay earlier

:evil:

exiges said...

The frikkin game lost my cloud save and despite the list of saves saying I can load my most recent mission, when I go to load it it takes me back to about 6hrs of gameplay earlier

:evil:

Wonder if that's a result of Microsoft's recent Azure SNAFU?

--

I'm just looking at the AMR gameplay videos on Youtube.

How did I ever miss that !?

Delphi said...

David_Yu said...

That's fucking brilliant! :lol:

I lost it at "...he's a fcking hedgehog" :D

Just finished this, really enjoyed - will probably play a bit more and explore island/slay some sharks.

Citra has a great rack 8)

Gone back to this to find enough relics to unlock the AMR.

Where can I go to find loads of bad guys to take out with it though?

Done all the outposts and main missions.

Can you turn all the Rakyats against you? :lol:

--

www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular