FARCRY 3 QUICKLOOK
Previous | 1234567 | Next

CLICKY (1hr 20mins)

Must buy this game.

Updated November 29, 2012 at 9:32 AM

--

AmperaWomenCar Trade

My copy is on its way as I type... 8)

Loved the first game. Happily skipped the second, but I'm properly excited for this one!

On my Christmas list

Oh yes - looks all sorts of awesome.

--

Bunta's Tofu

I've been watching streams of this on Twitch and while the x360 looks OK, on a high end PC it looks just stunning.

Can't wait for this to come out, it reminds me of JustCause 2 (or does JC2 remind me of FC1 ?).. and my favourite bug-bear of respawning baddies isn't in it.. you capture a base, it's yours.

Updated November 29, 2012 at 2:34 PM

--

AmperaWomenCar Trade

Mmmm pc version loooooks great.

Xbox - less so :(

I do wish the next generation would hurry up.

--

Bunta's Tofu

Installing now...looking forward to this. I loved the first but didn't think much of the second.

--

Done.

Xbox version appeared from no-where today :)

--

Bunta's Tofu

I've given it a few hours and it's pretty much fantastic.

--

AmperaWomenCar Trade

Same. I've just wiped out the first outpost, I think I will enjoy this game a lot.

--

Done.

I've used FRAPS to measure my framerate, I think on Optimal (1920x1200) using DX11 I'm getting about 48 FPS.

However, setting the graphics down to LOW I'm now seeing 85 FPS.. But the thing is, their idea of LOW is still most peoples idea of High, it still looks great.

I gather going down the DX9 adds another 20% speed boost.

Here are screen grabs of Ultra and Low settings on my PC. (click to open in a window)

Updated November 30, 2012 at 11:42 AM

--

AmperaWomenCar Trade

Interestingly, it's one of the first games to use DX11 Multithreading if your GPU support it, here's some benchmarks on it CLICKY

--

AmperaWomenCar Trade

For anyone running an AMD card, the latest Catalyst Driver (Beta 12.11) has optimisations for FarCry 3

CLICKY

--

AmperaWomenCar Trade

It is rough on xbox but a lot of fun!

:shock:
:twisted:

--

Bunta's Tofu

Shark punching .. is there anything better ?

--

AmperaWomenCar Trade

Is it has hard work as some reviews make out? I.e. do you have to slog around for ages making animal skin pouches before you can get hold of some nice juicy automatic weapons?

Sounds too much like getting the licences again on Gran Turismo...

I haven't got into Sleeping Dogs for the same reason.

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

David_Yu said...

Is it has hard work as some reviews make out? I.e. do you have to slog around for ages making animal skin pouches before you can get hold of some nice juicy automatic weapons?

Not at all, it's not grindy. Played some more of it and it's as much fun as you want.

--

AmperaWomenCar Trade

It is easy as pie to get into - give it a try.

I am hooked - the animal hunting is great fun.

I soiled my pants when a Croc got me earlier - very scary.

Plan for tomorrow is to steal a boat and go out as far as possible - there has to be a Great White Shark in this somewhere.

--

Bunta's Tofu

I watched totalbiscuit's review on youtube and it looks absolutely amazing, however i'm going to wait for the PS3 version since my laptop is utter crap!

--

Do not act as if thou wert going to live ten thousand years. Death hangs over thee. While thou livest, while it is in thy power, be good.

exiges, what spec is your pc, I'm having a look at replacing mine and cannot decide what to go with.

Previous | 1234567 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular