Forums > Moaning forum > WTF is the grit?

WTF IS THE GRIT?
Previous | 1 | Next

Fvcking slippery out there this morning, everyone at the office has stories of near misses, including myself. No fvcking grit on the road. At all. Rocket to the council sent, not that it will do any good.

Drive to the road conditions next time.

_Mick_N said...

Drive to the road conditions next time.

Come on then Mick how do you do that when hitting black ice???? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

That would be obvious, the steering will go light, and not do anything and you will be heading towards a ditch..:D

Thing is people don't drive to the conditions, if it's icey out there, keep your distance to the car in front, reduce your speed, heavy braking etc.

The other day on the motorway, visibility was poor due to the rain and yet drivers are happy to drive a cars length behind each other.

Grit is slippy. HTH.

--

Knackered old hairdresser's sh1tter

I live in a small village none of the local B roads are gritted, I better stop at home for fear of black ice :(

ICY CHAOS

One of my mates passed a car in a ditch on the way in to work.

Updated November 29, 2012 at 10:27 AM

--

Knackered old hairdresser's sh1tter

_Mick_N said...

I live in a small village none of the local B roads are gritted, I better stop at home for fear of black ice :(

Preacher Mick. I learned to drive in the countryside and would consider myself able to deal with snow and ice. The truth is tho my 1 litre 205 when I was a kid was much better than any other car Ive owned since. Abs and traction controls hinder rather than assist.

I'm sure we don't all need a lesson on how to drive, thanks all the same.

Our roads were gritted last night. Get a better council. HTH.

--

Out of step with the forum.

NotoriousREV said...

Agreed. Bloke got back to me say they gritted at around midnight, but then it rained. Go do it again then n0bhead!

No ice/frost on the roads this morning for me.

Move to a better county.

--

Speed holes.

Will risk the wrath of the forum... fit some winter tyres!

Just Jon Innit said...

NotoriousREV said...

Agreed. Bloke got back to me say they gritted at around midnight, but then it rained. Go do it again then n0bhead!

I think you're being the n0bhead.

They can't afford the regrit each time it rains, or pay the staff to go out at stupid o'clock to grit your personal route to work along with the X million other folk who live in your area.

Be thankful they grit at all, they're not obliged to do so.

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular