Forums > General > New car...

NEW CAR...
Previous | 123 | Next

Well, after wittering about it for the past few months (both here and elsewhere) the plunge was taken yesterday and I've bought a car; one that has been in my all-time top 10 for years and which represents a sizeable tick on the bucket list. :D

Porsche 911 (997) Carrera 2 S in Meteor Grey metallic with the 911 Turbo wheels. 58 plate, 20,000 miles on the clock, not a mark on it. You could say that I'm quite happy. I picked it up yesterday from the Cheshire Oaks dealership and took it for a quick blat; early days, but it promises to be everything I'd hoped for and more. That flat-six is just mighty.

I've been very lucky over the last 3 years in terms of my car - the Mk V Golf GTi I had before is an excellent car and I've loved every minute of owning it. My dad's buying it, so I'll still be able to visit from time to time, which makes me happy. The new arrival, however, is on a different level entirely.

Pictures when I have them; thanks for putting up with the questions.

--

Dreaming big, achieving little.

Well done! 8)

--

My Flickr

Invisible Speakers

Nice purchase 8)

Sounds lovely, looking forward to pics. :)

woohoo foor yoo.

i'd kill for the GTi, nevermind a porker :o

Nice 8)

--

Pilouil
Citroen C3 1.4 HDI 69.0424 bhp

Nice car!

--

DeskJockey
---
Now fueled by heavy oil...

Good work, was trying to get 996 before i got the S3
definitely getting a 997 when it goes back next year,
well probably anyway!:)

--

Effortless performance

Very good 8)

(Only 997 on the forum? :? )

We want more than pics nowdays - video in the standard format please. :)

TTIUWOP

exiges said...

TTIUWOP

Pardon?

--

Very nice, the 997 is an utterly brilliant piece of machinery. Get used to getting up very early to make the most of the quiet B roads :)

Fink Floyd said...

exiges said...

TTIUWOP

Pardon?

This Thread Is Useless WithOut (?) Pictures.

And he's right. Get some pics !

Is that four 911s on here now ? You, Carlos, me, Ben.

Updated November 29, 2012 at 10:01 AM

--

It's not a Golf

Congrats let's see some pics!

--

For sure

Sundayjumper said...

This Thread Is Useless WithOut Pictures.

I have a couple of photos - how do I upload them? Do I need some web space or something?

--

Photobucket or similar.

And start planning your videos now - Duncs took approx 18yrs before he got his act together..... :roll:

I've never been keen in the turbo wheels, but I love everything else about the 997, especially an S - enjoy!

--

Cheers

Rich

Rich B said...

I've never been keen in the turbo wheels, but I love everything else about the 997, especially an S - enjoy!

Depends whether it has the facelifted 997 Turbo wheels; being a 58 plate it might be late enough for those:

Jobbo said...

Rich B said...

Depends whether it has the facelifted 997 Turbo wheels; being a 58 plate it might be late enough for those:

No, they're the earlier 997.1 Turbo wheels (which I much prefer to the ones you pictured). It's my favourite 997 wheel design and I'm really pleased I could have one with them; they make the car IMO.

--

Sundayjumper said...

Fink Floyd said...

exiges said...

TTIUWOP

Pardon?

This Thread Is Useless WithOut (?) Pictures.

Is that four 911s on here now ? You, Carlos, me, Ben.

Matt Sketch earlier on the thread has a 997 i think?

Previous | 123 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular