Forums > Moaning forum > Bad timing

BAD TIMING
Previous | 1 | Next

I essentially was offered a 35% pay rise today in my current job, doing something slightly different but ultimately in my mad skillzset.

I then found out that a job I went for a few weeks ago is progressing and they want me to see them sooner rather than later.

I don't want to mess anyone about but have a massive decision to make career wise.

Bosses can be a pain in the arse even when they are being nice :lol:

Dave!

--

I came here to drink milk and kick ass..... and i've just finished my milk!!!!

£1350 a day isn't too shabby. I approve.

I'll be honest with you Dave, it doesn't sound like your sh1t out of luck :lol:

does sound like a win:win, I wouldn't complain too much

Yeah, my sympathy levels are pretty low on this one.

--

She's built like a steakhouse but she handles like a bistro.

For a 25% commiseration fee I will share your pain.

--

DeskJockey
---
Now fueled by heavy oil...

This is a no-brainer man! Accept the pay rise, continue exploring other options.

--

Tim

M135i 8 Speed Auto. Alpine White. Faster than Yu.

Tim said...

This is a no-brainer man! Accept the pay rise, continue exploring other options.

This.

--

Knackered old hairdresser's sh1tter

It wouldn't take affect for a few months and would involve me doing some training. I don't want to say yes and then leave them in the lurch if the other job comes about.

Waited 3 years for something to happen and now it has it's been made more complicated.

I shall whine like a girly girl till I have an interview :lol:

Dave!

--

Given that you may not get the other job, press on with the training and payrise, then leave them in the lurch if it comes off.
They'd throw you out if it suited them, don't worry about leaving them in the lurch. You're looking for a new job for a reason.

--

Knackered old hairdresser's sh1tter

Very true.

I should stop caring how it will affect my bosses.

Dave!

--

It's always easier to find work when you're in work.

I've just been given another 6 mth purchase order cover but as there is a sh*t load of work around, I'll be chasing the rate.

Updated November 29, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular