BOTTAS REPLACES SENNA AT WILLIAMS
Previous | 12 | Next

Yep, can't link as on the phone.

Will we see senna again in F1? I think not :cry:

--

For sure

2 things should be killed off in F1:
1)Paying drivers.
2)Drivers which get a drive because of their surname.

Let the real talent come through the ranks.

Updated November 28, 2012 at 12:58 PM

--

How about not having a sig at all?

Mito Man said...

1)Paying drivers.

unfortunately it has nothing to do with talent and all to do with how much money the driver brings

senna brings a reasonable amount of money, however there are a lot of other drivers who bring more, pastor brings what £45 mill now

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/mar/16/pastor-maldonado-f1-money-drivers

if senna still has 12 mill then he will probably get a driver somewhere

Updated November 28, 2012 at 1:04 PM

--

Making pancake mix on your mums pancake tits

WIBBLE

I keep saying this, but removing the tobacco adverts is really what killed F1. Before then the big teams were chucking unlimited amounts of money and the small teams weren't doing too badly either. Paying drivers were a pretty rare thing.
What the fvck is a team such as HRT even doing in F1? It's a waste of a whole team....

--

I don't think there are really paying drivers in F1 - no one can (or wants to) put enough of his personal money on the table to secure a driving position in an F1 team.
What we see is that the small teams offload the sponsor research to the drivers - so the drivers have to convince sponsors themselves, but they probably have to use their driving skills (e.g. by showing results in lower formulas) for that.

--

Pilouil
Citroen C3 1.4 HDI 69.0424 bhp

Mito Man said...

1)Paying drivers.

Except, you still have to have a few quid to get your kid through the lower ranks before F1.

exiges said...

Except, you still have to have a few quid to get your kid through the lower ranks before F1.

Sadly so, there needs to be more schemes to help young people get through. Sadly the richer people can fund the majority of their kids career. Yes Martin Brundle, I'm looking at you, Alex sucks pretty hard, and if he gets into F1 I will belm my nuts off.

--

all of them started as pay drivers in some shape or form

Also, there is only 24 seats on the grid, unlike say football you have 30 players per team so competition is fierce. Or course, it's all relative.

I don't see the problem with paid drivers. There is only so much talent money brings. At the end of the day, the guys at the top are there through hard work, dedication and the skill to do so.

EJ said at the weekend in front of Senna about a drive next year for a team and Senna smiled, EJ pressed the contract talk, Senna was coy. For the life of me I cannot think who it was though.

Sadly I think he will be driving next year but I maintain he gets a spot because of his uncle and no other ability.

--

How are you doing? Is you good becos' I want to know.

_CC_ said...

I maintain he gets a spot because of his uncle and no other ability.

+1

Updated November 28, 2012 at 1:33 PM

--

For sure

Weren't they talking to Kovaleinen about this as well. EJ said something like, you've got £40 million quid, you could get a drive. And he replied he didn't want to do that.

--

As far as I know even paid drivers have to have a "Super Licence" to compete and the FIA don't give these out in cornflakes packets. Also bear in mind that a lot of the lower grid drivers are posting lap times within 3-4 secs of the fifth row of the grid, using considerably inferior equipment.

Dr.(tbc) Alex said...

Also, there is only 24 seats on the grid, unlike say football you have 30 players per team so competition is fierce. Or course, it's all relative.

I don't see the problem with paid drivers. There is only so much talent money brings. At the end of the day, the guys at the top are there through hard work, dedication and the skill to do so.

22 Seats. HRT is dead.

--

Romantic BDSM

Gloucester's answer to Eddie Jordan

Jimmy Choo said...

22 Seats. HRT is dead.

YES

--

Mito Man said...

Jimmy Choo said...

22 Seats. HRT is dead.

YES

Are you happy about this?

--

Cheers

Rich

p7ulg said...

As far as I know even paid drivers have to have a "Super Licence" to compete and the FIA don't give these out in cornflakes packets. Also bear in mind that a lot of the lower grid drivers are posting lap times within 3-4 secs of the fifth row of the grid, using considerably inferior equipment.

How did Grosjean and Maldonaldo pass the crash test? :lol:

Updated November 28, 2012 at 1:47 PM

pilouil said...

I don't think there are really paying drivers in F1 - no one can (or wants to) put enough of his personal money on the table to secure a driving position in an F1 team.
What we see is that the small teams offload the sponsor research to the drivers - so the drivers have to convince sponsors themselves, but they probably have to use their driving skills (e.g. by showing results in lower formulas) for that.

Correct. Schumacher was a pay driver, Mercedes stumped up the money for the Jordan drive. He turned out to be quite good ;).

Anyone want to help Kamui: Story.

http://www.kamui-support.com/

Updated November 28, 2012 at 1:50 PM

exiges said...

Mito Man said...

1)Paying drivers.

A few quid is an understatement, to be competitive in British F3 you can spunk a good £750,000 at least. That figure gets much scarier with the Euro F3, WSR and other higher formulae.

In response to Mito. In an ideal world real talent should come through and people shouldn't get into F1 off the back of a name. Unfortunately this will never ever ever happen, money is far too integral and 9 times out of 10 trumps talent. Under the current funding model, especially for the smaller teams if pay drivers were to disappear we would likely lose half the grid. That, or they would be nowhere near as competitive as they are at the moment.

--

Stolen Orions on fire off the hard shoulder of the M8. I watched neds litter in the dark near the Tennents shop. All those... moments... will be lost in time, like [coughs] tears... in... rain. Time... to die...

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular