Forums > Moaning forum > Crashing

CRASHING
Previous | 12 | Next

T boned a Jag X type in the half light of morning on my way to the station on my bicycle this morning. I was on the main road, travelling at ~20mph when the said Jag driver pulled up from a minor road to give way, except they didn't and I went into their front wing, taking off, clearing the bonnet with a WWWOOOAHHHH, landing on my head and shoulder before forward rolling to a stand where I jumped onto the pavement looking for my displaced glasses.

Carbon front forks exploded, havent assessed the rest of the bike. My helmet took the brunt of the impact on the back of my head, impressive absorption for a 10 year old design.

Took a trip to A&E but only to check I hadnt missed anything than but slight concusion (slow focussing) bumps bruises and strained neck from the neck spring. Off to report it at the police station now.

Updated November 27, 2012 at 5:44 PM

--

Ben

Pff. Drama queen.

Hope you're OK

:shock: Glad your ok. Did they stop?

What a spacker (the Jag driver, not you!)

Sounds like a nasty whack to the head there, Ben..GWS!

Good job you were wearing a helmet. Hope you're OK. And got insurance details :twisted:

--

Knackered old hairdresser's sh1tter

carlos said...

Yes, she stopped 'I just didn't see you!' tried to give me a hug! I was with it enough to get a pad an pen out for her to leave her details and a couple who were passing by helped me to get back home. Bit stiff and a bit sleepy (could be baby induced though).

--

Ben

Ben__B said...

carlos said...

Yes, she stopped 'I just didn't see you!' tried to give me a hug!

?/?

;)

Marv said...

Ben__B said...

carlos said...

Yes, she stopped 'I just didn't see you!' tried to give me a hug!

?/?

;)

I fear Ben may have missed an opportunity here :)

--

New Skool Turbo Power

YouTube Channel

Hope you are ok .

:shock: Maybe you took turbotferret's video as a challenge!

Sorry to hear about that, and glad you're ok. Is the bike insured? As no doubt it's a decent one.

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

Should have slid across the bonnet like Starsky and Hutch 8)

GWS mate.

Dave!

--

I came here to drink milk and kick ass..... and i've just finished my milk!!!!

GraniteV8 said...

Should have slid across the bonnet like Starsky and Hutch 8)

GWS mate.

Dave!

Doesn't look so cool when you do it with your face, I'd imagine.

:)

I remember launching myself over a opel corsa van than pulled across me when i was about 14 . wasnt wearing a helmet so i used my arms to protect my head . brushed myself off and carried on

I thought you would have parked the 911 backwards in a ditch.:(

As it is, you're doing in wrong. You're supposed to smash her back doors in, not her front wing.:roll:;)

GWS.

--

Romantic BDSM

Gloucester's answer to Eddie Jordan

Hope you're OK mate! Never a pleasant e4xperience.

--

DeskJockey
---
Now fueled by heavy oil...

Feeling alright thanks, if a little tired and stiff.

View from her perspective

Carbon de-bonded forks

Bent shifter/brake

Back of my helmet

--

Ben

Oof. At least it wasn't worse I suppose! Hope you're feeling better soon.

does sound nasty, but glad you are OK

'I just didn't see you!' - as in I just didn't look properly and didn't even think of cyclists....!! Useless!!
Glad you're OK. Impressive pictures.

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular