Forums > Moaning forum > So.

SO.
Previous | 1 | Next

Have I just started to notice this or could it be a really fucking irritating new trend perpetrated by on-message fuckwitts?

Have you noticed this? It is seemingly more annoying than an upward inflection and I'm sure it didn't used to happen.

People (mostly lesbians or suspected benders), upon being given the opportunity to spout bollocks now seem to be kicking off in this way..

'...and now I'm joined in the studio by Hysteria Breakdown, spokeswoman for Vaginas for Peace. Hysteria, just how do you propose to elevate 120% of African child lesbians from poverty by 2017?"

'So .Our research has shown that the main cause of child poverty in African Lesbian babies is that around 33% of white middle-class men are still failing to be apologetic enough for existing. We simply need to make them apologise more often..'

It's happening all the time on R4 in the morning.

So much so that I've started listening to 6music instead.

And 'can I get' when ordering things. I would expect to leap the counter and serve myself if I used this and was answered 'yes'.

--

Done.

Evostick said...

Have you noticed this?

Yep, it annoys me too. Essentially it's a way of getting the listeners attention before starting what you're about to say.

--

AmperaWomenCar Trade

And one that appears to work.

--

What's the difference between a BMW and a hedgehog?

exiges said...

Evostick said...

Have you noticed this?

Yep, it annoys me too. Essentially it's a way of getting the listeners attention before starting what you're about to say.

A little rude when you're already listening.

The one that's annoying me at the moment (and I realise this is an age things as T'Internet generation are becoming leaders etc) is when you hear people on the radio or telly speak in 3 or 4 word word bursts, with a raised inflection on the last word.

What we’re seeing….in Britain today… is a sense of isolation… and frustration with government…… and their stance on Europe…

I have expect them to finish with …like totally!!!

--

and from the beginning think what may be the end.

Dinny_G said...

The one that's annoying me at the moment (and I realise this is an age things as T'Internet generation are becoming leaders etc) is when you hear people on the radio or telly speak in 3 or 4 word word bursts, with a raised inflection on the last word.

Tony Blair was one of the first in this country to do it, drove me mad. I know why he was doing it, so that even the most dimwitted could follow what he was saying (after all that was his target audience)

--

AmperaWomenCar Trade

exiges said...

Dinny_G said...

Tony Blair was one of the first in this country to do it, drove me mad. I know why he was doing it, so that even the most dimwitted could follow what he was saying (after all that was his target audience)

I doubt there was much he ever said that I'd have agreed with but I could never listen to him speaking for this precise reason. It made him sound like a retard.

"Can you..."

I had a letter from the doctors surgery yesterday, in which it asked "can you phone to make an appointment". I felt like calling them and when they answered, replying "I'm just checking that I can call the surgery. It appears that I can. Thanks."

Of course this wouldn't make a blind bit of difference, as they have no idea that the phrase that they're looking for is "would/will you".

Can != will

--

Plump eyes?

Both would and will are pretty ambitious. I mean

"would you phone the surgery?".

"Would I phone the surgery when?? If I was sick, of course I would. Would I phone the surgery if I found out my MoT had run out, probably not. Sorry I don't understand the question!!

--

and from the beginning think what may be the end.

Dinny_G said...

"Would I phone the surgery when?? If I was sick, of course I would. Would I phone the surgery if I found out my MoT had run out, probably not. Sorry I don't understand the question!!

:D

"Will you phone the surgery?".
I'm not sure, it depends on my mood.

Dinny_G said...

:lol:
Haha, point taken.

Looks like I shan't be calling the surgery.

--

Plump eyes?

Jackleg said...

"Can you..."

I had a letter from the doctors surgery yesterday, in which it asked "can you phone to make an appointment". I felt like calling them and when they answered, replying "I'm just checking that I can call the surgery. It appears that I can. Thanks."

Of course this wouldn't make a blind bit of difference, as they have no idea that the phrase that they're looking for is "would/will you".

Can != will

Updated November 29, 2012 at 1:53 PM

--

Yes, yes, yes, I'm doing that all the time. You don't have to remind me every 10 seconds.

Jackleg said...

"Can you..."

Can != will

Surely the only way to be 100% certain that you can make an appointment is to actually phone and try to make an appointment.

--

Knackered old hairdresser's sh1tter

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular