Forums > Moaning forum > Well Done Fillet Steak

WELL DONE FILLET STEAK
Previous | 12 | Next

WTF :shock: Well any decent cut of steak to be honest.

Ruined I tell you, ruined.

Oh and Jobbo, you ever eaten at Beef in Kenilworth ?

If so any good ?

No, never heard of it - must have opened since we moved. Ah, seems to be where La Cucina used to be; never went in there, it looked so unappealing!

Generally, most places in Kenilworth are OK but pricey, or chains and not very exciting, I think.

Updated November 27, 2012 at 8:18 AM

http://www.beef-restaurant.co.uk/

Might just end up in the Stag at Offchurch, but just fancied trying somewhere new.

What inspired this moan?

Of course it is incorrect to have fillet (or any) steak well done.

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

Red Lion at Hunningham is always nice, if it isn't currently flooded.

I like well done fillet staek. It is delicious. I do not want to eat (any) uncooked meat thanks.

Went to the Lazy Cow in Warwick recently, not my favorite place, a bit overated but 2 couples on our table all had well done Fillets and then moaned afterwards it was a bit tough.

A mate of mine is a chef and he's had fish dishes returned to the kitchen because they taste "Too Fishy" :roll:

--

and from the beginning think what may be the end.

mik said...

I like well done fillet staek. It is delicious. I do not want to eat (any) uncooked meat thanks.

DIW.

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

Dinny_G said...

A mate of mine is a chef and he's had fish dishes returned to the kitchen because they taste "Too Fishy" :roll:

This fvcking annoys me to infinity. Also, see people who asks for extra hot(spicy) and can't handle it.

--

3 - 2 - 1 - Go.................

duncs500 said...

mik said...

DIW.

DI very Wrong. Steak Tartare and Carpaccio de Manzo are 2 of the finest dishes known to man.

--

What's the difference between a BMW and a hedgehog?

Dr.(tbc) Alex said...

Dinny_G said...

This fvcking annoys me to infinity. Also, see people who asks for extra hot(spicy) and can't handle it.

Chantilly Cream sent back because "It's off". He (and every other Chef I'm sure) has hundreds of these

--

This Gazpacho soup is cold!

--

What's the difference between a BMW and a hedgehog?

Dinny_G said...

this is why i don't eat plain oysters. but then i don't order them in the first place. they taste, to me, like the water if a licked the chopping board after filleting a proper fish.

mussels or nearly any other kind of seafood however...mmmmmhhhhhmmmm.

NotoriousREV said...

duncs500 said...

mik said...

DIW.

DI very Wrong. Steak Tartare and Carpaccio de Manzo are 2 of the finest dishes known to man.

Rev is most correct. I'm not eating meat just now but I'm planning to spend an obscene amount of money on a nice big bit of Fillet for Christmas dinner this year, barely cooked obviously 8).

--

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.

zedleg said...

I'm planning to spend an obscene amount of money on a nice big bit of Fillet for Christmas dinner this year, barely cooked obviously 8).

Has to be Chateaubriand so surely ??

--

NotoriousREV said...

duncs500 said...

mik said...

DIW.

Insert vomit smiley here ==>

Fillet not my favorite cut to be honest, steak needs a bit of marbeling IMO so I usually have ribeye as I like the taste of the sweet fat too.

I totally agree that Ribeye makes a better steak but there's not much that'll beat a really well done bit of Fillet for celebration food. Last few years I've done Venison, Fillet Beef and Duck for christmas and the beef was the best by a long way.

--

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular