Forums > General > For sells: cheap Ford Ka

FOR SELLS: CHEAP FORD KA
Previous | 12 | Next

Having assisted my sister in buying a car today, she needs to sell her Ka. It's a basic spec Ka1, metallic green, no PAS, 2000/W, one previous owner (our mother), 55,000 miles, taxed until end of March 2013 and MOT until July 2013.

It is probably in need of a clutch soon, but for £500 or offers what do you want; the moon on a stick?

Excellent timing, the clutch has failed on her way home from work today. Anyone want a Ka before the scrappy has it... Needs clutch, cannot be driven away :)

Jobbo said...

It is probably in need of a clutch soon, but for £500 or offers what do you want; the moon on a stick?

Quite, however moon/stick interfaces are extremely common once you reach £1000 by all accounts.... ;)

--

Impreza WRX STi Spec-C V-Limited Toshi Arai Edition/ GTR/ Panda 100HP Pandamonium/ 316d

Erm how much now it doesn't work? :D

--

Done.

Shirley no more than the ~£100 that a scrappy would give

ETA: low mileage, 2 lady owners shopping trolley in needs a new clutch non-shocker ;)

No offense Simon :)

Updated November 27, 2012 at 7:11 PM

--

My Flickr

Invisible Speakers

I'd give £100 and collect it, assuming its pretty local?

:D

--

Done.

mattcambs said...

ETA: low mileage, 2 lady owners shopping trolley in needs a new clutch non-shocker ;)

it depends. i expect you could get a clutch fitted for under £200, just a bit of a pain in the bum to take it anywhere for a clutch.

someone with a clue could probably DIY it in 3 hours plus £50 for the clutch kit, which could make a very cheap little runaround.

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

Jobbo said...

Excellent timing, the clutch has failed on her way home from work today. Anyone want a Ka before the scrappy has it... Needs clutch, cannot be driven away :)

Come on Jobson, give her the £150 scrap and get your your tools out. There may even be a profit in it for you. Us pen pushers need a project to stop our hands going floppy :D

Updated November 27, 2012 at 8:17 PM

integrale_evo said...

mattcambs said...

it depends. i expect you could get a clutch fitted for under £200, just a bit of a pain in the bum to take it anywhere for a clutch.

someone with a clue could probably DIY it in 3 hours plus £50 for the clutch kit, which could make a very cheap little runaround.

I had a clutch fitted to the Roadster last week for £150, it's a twat of a job apparently and the garages quoted 4-5 hours, the clutch cost £60, surely you could get one supplied and fitted to a Ka for far less

Dan said...

Think she'll get £150 from the scrappy and £50 refund of road tax, but I'll give you a bell if the offer is lower.

Matt, apparently it's had a previous clutch replacement :lol:

Jobbo said...

Dan said...

Think she'll get £150 from the scrappy and £50 refund of road tax, but I'll give you a bell if the offer is lower.

Matt, apparently it's had a previous clutch replacement :lol:

Yadda yaadda yadda woman drivers yadda yadda yadda two dead clutches yadda yadda yadda </thread> ;)

Dan said...

Erm how much now it doesn't work? :D

Would that spare lotus engine you have kicking about fit in a ka?

My Mother in law got £300 scrap for a bent Ka with a blown engine last year.

In other news, Zonda paid a good price for his clutch. Hope it's an uprated one :)

--

Knackered old hairdresser's sh1tter

A quick look at AT prices for a Ka suggests it may be worth getting Mr Clutch to replace the clutch and then sell it, rather than just scrapping it...

This is true, even the rough ones go for £1k

--

Clutch replacement is around £200; she's going to get the best part of £200 for scrapping it and cashing in the tax, and similar cars seem to be advertised for £495 locally. Taking into account the hassle of selling, it's going to be scrapped unless anyone wants it in the next day or so in its current state for £200.

ETA: rough ones do not go for a grand, it seems! This is equivalent: Clicky.

Updated November 28, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Si_ said...

My Mother in law got £300 scrap for a bent Ka with a blown engine last year.

In other news, Zonda paid a good price for his clutch. Hope it's an uprated one :)

It's a LUK one, standard fit on most cars including Porsche according to their site.

Zonda - same as mine, will be fine.

Jobbo - that's very cheap! When we were looking, anything under a bag of sand had been crashed, badly resprayed, had rust around the filler cap, etc etc

--

There are loads around at sub-£400 on Auto Trader. Even if I weren't otherwise occupied trying to sort my house out, I wouldn't buy it off her to sell it on for a profit.

I agree. Find me a cheap Rav4 to commute in, instead.

--

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular