Forums > General > Mini Review - M135i

MINI REVIEW - M135I
Previous | 12345 | Next

Had a 30 minute test drive yesterday. Not ideal as the dealer insisted he had to sit in (don't you hate that?).

First impressions, really bloody good. Reminded me a bit of my old RX8 (great handling whilst still being comfortable) just with a lot more power and a rather nice staight six howl. It actually felt quicker than a 997C2S I drove last year and sounded better. Steering was lovely although I whimped out of throwing it into corners so can't say too much about on limit handling.

So it's very fast, steers nice, comfortable, enough room in the back for my kids, decent boot, lowish on tax, decent fuel economy see autocar test, discreet (which is good for my job), excellent value, great pcp deals (4.9%). I was struggeling to find faults with it (okay it's not a beast to look at, but that suits me fine).

Just need to agree a decent px for my Kuga :D

Does sound promising - what sort of GMFV were they offering after 3 years?

--

Don't play with a girl's heart, it's easily broken and she only has one. Play with her boobs instead, they're bouncy and she has two of those.

I'm amazed it didn't come higher in ECOTY as they all seemed to absolutely love it. Well that's how it came across in the words and on the DVD.

Despite what most seem to think I think they look superb from every angle. I think I'll get one in a year or so.

--

My Flickr

Invisible Speakers

They had a 320d touring in the showroom, basic price £34k, with toys £40k. Just makes the M135i look amazing value.

Can't remember the GVF, will find out when I'm home

I ran a 135i coupe for 4 years and it was a hoot. Not sure I would call it 911 fast though. Got through 2x sets of tyres and a whole load of petrol. Bought for £36k, sold for £18k.

Not sure how different the M135i is dynamically - but the coupe was lovely.here it is

Updated November 26, 2012 at 3:16 PM

mattcambs said...

Despite what most seem to think I think they look superb from every angle. I think I'll get one in a year or so.

Correct, and a +1 to hoping to have one when finances permit.

Did you test the auto or manuel Holley?

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

I'm sure it's not faster than a 997, it just felt quicker.

It was a manual which was initialy a bit disappointing as i wanted to have a go with the auto. Although the manual was pretty slick and having only ever had manual cars will probably stick (pun unintended!) with it.

Holley said...

It was a manual which was initialy a bit disappointing as i wanted to have a go with the auto. Although the manual was pretty slick and having only ever had manual cars will probably stick (pun unintended!) with it.

I'm strangely undecided for once, I'm generally a die hard manuel fan, but now having the Lotus as my main performance car with a manuel box I'm a bit more open to the suggestion of something different. It's supposed to be a good auto 'box by all accounts, so think I'd have to try both this time.:?

Probably would still end up with the manuel, I fear change.

--

- Uninspiring soundtrack

he did try and source an auto for me to try, but none local. I will take this as a good sign that I'm only supposed to have a manual (plus it's a £1500 saving)

what sort of figures are they looking at for the PCP offer ?

Alan said...

what sort of figures are they looking at for the PCP offer ?

from memory, 10% deposit, £500/month, 36 months, 4.9% APR

duncs500 said...

Holley said...

I'm strangely undecided for once, I'm generally a die hard manuel fan, but now having the Lotus as my main performance car with a manuel box I'm a bit more open to the suggestion of something different. It's supposed to be a good auto 'box by all accounts, so think I'd have to try both this time.:?

You're the person who keeps spelling manual wrong! STOP IT.

--

Making pancake mix for your mums pancake tits.

duncs500 said...

mattcambs said...

Correct,

Mito Man said...

duncs500 said...

Holley said...

No.

--

- Uninspiring soundtrack

Mito Man said...

duncs500 said...

Holley said...

You're doing it wrong.

duncs500 said...

I've used a 3 series with that auto gearbox for the day and thought it was superb. A proper slick auto when doing the normal stuff and the a cracking paddle shift when you want to play.

Holley said...

he did try and source an auto for me to try, but none local. I will take this as a good sign that I'm only supposed to have a manual (plus it's a £1500 saving)

You wanna try the auto! I'm a big fan of manuals, but that auto was impressive when I test drove the car a few weeks ago and suits the engine perfectly IMO.

dudeluk said...

Holley said...

You wanna try the auto! I'm a big fan of manuals, but that auto was impressive when I test drove the car a few weeks ago and suits the engine perfectly IMO.

It's also incredible how the auto is even more efficient, that's the part I find most intriguing about the 135i

StEvie_200SX said...

I ran a 135i coupe for 4 years and it was a hoot. Not sure I would call it 911 fast though. Got through 2x sets of tyres and a whole load of petrol. Bought for £36k, sold for £18k.

Not sure how different the M135i is dynamically - but the coupe was lovely.here it is

How did you manage to only use 2 sets or tyres? Did you not go far? I'm on my 4th in 2.5 years :lol:

Looks ok from this point of view but it looks worse the lower you get IMO. Not sure my opinion is valid considering I have an older 130.

Alan said...

dudeluk said...

Holley said...

It's also incredible how the auto is even more efficient, that's the part I find most intriguing about the 135i

Doesn't it have two extra gears? Not that suprising with that and a locking torque converter

--

Cheers,
Mike

Previous | 12345 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular