Forums > General > Lost my car key

LOST MY CAR KEY
Previous | 1 | Next

Well I lost it about 3 months ago, good news is I have a spare, bad news is that I haven't found the lost key (it must be somewhere in our house). I've officially called off the search and rescue now seeing as the house is totally empty as it approaches the exchange of contract date...

So what's the best way of getting a replacement without paying £320? Shall I just wait till my car insurance expires and then change to a company which have key cover and don't affect your NCB? Other alternative is to open a bank account with a provider who insures and offers replacement for lost car keys?
Any easier alternatives? If only I had a BMW I could reprogram one in a second ;)

--

How about not having a sig at all?

You're fvcked. Buy a new car.

Maybe I should crash my car at 100mph into the Dartford Tolls which have the big concrete dividers. That way I can get money from my insurance for a new car and claim some money for my injuries?

Updated November 26, 2012 at 1:24 PM

--

Mito Man said...

Well I lost it about 3 months ago, good news is I have a spare, bad news is that I haven't found the lost key (it must be somewhere in our house). I've officially called off the search and rescue now seeing as the house is totally empty as it approaches the exchange of contract date...

So what's the best way of getting a replacement without paying £320? Shall I just wait till my car insurance expires and then change to a company which have key cover and don't affect your NCB? Other alternative is to open a bank account with a provider who insures and offers replacement for lost car keys?
Any easier alternatives? If only I had a BMW I could reprogram one in a second ;)

Your insurance is invalid - as they will ask for both keys if you car gets nicked. Set fire to your car and jump in the Thames. It's your only option.

--

Waiting for the Technological Singularity.

Mito Man said...

Maybe I should crash my car at 100mph into the Dartford Tolls which have the big concrete dividers. That way I can get money from my insurance for a new car and claim some money for my injuries?

Yes, definitely go for the 100mph crash option please. :lol:

Just use the spare key and don't loose it.

--

My Flickr

Invisible Speakers

Mito Man said...

What a fvcktard :lol:

ilmostro said...

Your insurance is invalid - as they will ask for both keys if you car gets nicked. Set fire to your car and jump in the Thames. It's your only option.

Really?
Surely loads of second hand cars are sold with only one key? I forgot to give the MR2's spare key to its buyer and found it recently when tidying up some old paper work.

--

My Flickr

Invisible Speakers

mattcambs said...

ilmostro said...

Really?
Surely loads of second hand cars are sold with only one key? I forgot to give the MR2's spare key to its buyer and found it recently when tidying up some old paper work.

When my Sister's Golf Rallye got nicked, they asked for both key to prove she didn't leave the keys in the car!

--

I've just got out my policy and it said that its only invalid of you leave your car keys in your car or 'close to the vicinity of your car' such that they can just pick up the keys and drive away. Well no sh1t they won't cover that, it's basically inviting someone to steal your car.

--

Keys easier to lose than virginity shocker :shock::shock::shock:

Anyone surprised:?::?::?:

Mito Man said...

I've just got out my policy and it said that its only invalid of you leave your car keys in your car or 'close to the vicinity of your car' such that they can just pick up the keys and drive away. Well no sh1t they won't cover that, it's basically inviting someone to steal your car.

And if you can only produce 1 key, how can you prove the other key wasn't left in the car? :lol:

--

How can they prove I left my key in my car or in the vicinity of my car? Chicken vs egg, I'd get my claim accepted...

Anyway, I'm sure any insurer with half a brain can see how the car got stolen to know if a key was used or not.

--

Mito Man said...

Anyway, I'm sure any insurer with half a brain can see how the car got stolen to know if a key was used or not.

:?:

--

Cheers

Rich

you can tell them it got stolen somewhere else... like in the park or super market.. i dont know.. lols that was just a suggestion..
or you can call a locksmith and see if they can replace you car key for a cheaper price than the dealer... did some quick research for you.. here are some index where you can find some if you are based in the uk..
Your link text
you can use this one .. or also.. i found this

Your link text

hope it helps! cheers mate! :D

£320 for a key :shock:
I paid €150 for to replace the main key (after transponder failure) for my C3...

Updated November 28, 2012 at 8:31 AM

--

Pilouil
Citroen C3 1.4 HDI 69.0424 bhp

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular