Forums > Moaning forum > No free time

NO FREE TIME
Previous | 12 | Next

When did this happen? For years I went by luxuriating in the amount of time I had to simply do nothing, if needs be.

Now all of a sudden I seem to have to book an appointment if my balls need more than the most cursory scratch.

Signing up to an MSc, and having a reasonably time-consuming hobby (cycling) that for once I don't need to wait until the weekend to do, and I'm run ragged.

How the hell people on here with families and kids and stuff do it is totally beyond me.

We don't. We spend our timing hoping for death for a nice rest and some peace and quiet.

--

Out of step with the forum.

I set the alarm earlier on weekends than on weekdays. I was looking forward to a mammothly long lie-in on Saturday morning, but this was somewhat set back by drinking until 6am and waking up in my mate's garden.

JL said...

How the hell people on here with families and kids and stuff do it is totally beyond me.

You only think you have no free time. As you suggest, have kids and you'll know the real meaning of no time.. no time for a hobby or an MSc or any thing you have control over.

Updated November 26, 2012 at 11:51 AM

If you really wanted some spare time, you'd have made some for yourself already.

exiges said...

JL said...

You only think you have no free time. As you suggest, have kids and you'll know the real meaning of no time.. no time for a hobby or an MSc or any thing you have control over.

This more than anything else terrifies me about having kids.

The constant lack of someone I could ever consider having them with seems to solve the problem though.

My free time consists of 5 hours of a weekend fishing and work these days is rest :D

_Mick_N said...

My free time consists of 5 hours of a weekend fishing and work these days is rest :D

This.
But without the 5 hours fishing.

--

Impreza WRX STi Spec-C V-Limited Toshi Arai Edition/ GTR/ Panda 100HP Pandamonium/ 316d

JL said...

exiges said...

JL said...

The constant lack of someone I could ever consider having them with seems to solve the problem though.

I had an urge to start having kids recently but looking after my sisters kids for a week beat that out of me. Far too demanding for me.

--

I often drive for a road travel

JL said...

Am I right in saying you don't own a home either ? Try having kids and a house that requires constant maintenance.. So your weekend is mainly trying to do DIY with a child dawdling off with various life-threatening items from your toolbox (perhaps assaulting pets with them), or asking a million and one irrelevant questions..

Updated November 26, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Kind of like jetskis - fun for 10 minutes then all of a sudden you just want to give them back.

exiges said...

JL said...

Am I right in saying you don't own a home either ? Try having kids and a house that requires constant maintenance.. So your weekend is mainly trying to do DIY with a child dawdling off with various life-threatening items from your toolbox, or asking a million and one irrelevant questions.

You are right, sadly - still renting as I home in on 40 :( Always lived in places too expensive to align with my inability to save money for a deposit!

Very foolish James. DIW.

Matteeboy bought all of his worldwide properties with cash.

JL said...

exiges said...

JL said...

Am I right in saying you don't own a home either ? Try having kids and a house that requires constant maintenance.. So your weekend is mainly trying to do DIY with a child dawdling off with various life-threatening items from your toolbox, or asking a million and one irrelevant questions.

You are right, sadly - still renting as I home in on 40 :( Always lived in places too expensive to align with my inability to save money for a deposit!

You could always use your 'enough money to not worry about having a job for a year' slush fund, or the 911 Turbot fund, or the ten holidays a year fund.;)

That said, I'm not dead against renting longer term, there are plenty of countries I've been to where owning your own house is the exception rather than the rule.

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

Just for context, as I know how lame that sounded, out here you need to gather about 30% of the asking price to get a mortgage (20% deposit minimum, then agent's and land fees are hefty) - so that equates to tucking about GBP100k away to buy somewhere even semi-worthwhile. I find this to be quite a lot.

JL said...

Just for context, as I know how lame that sounded, out here you need to gather about 30% of the asking price to get a mortgage (20% deposit minimum, then agent's and land fees are hefty) - so that equates to tucking about GBP100k away to buy somewhere even semi-worthwhile. I find this to be quite a lot.

£3,000,000 = semi worth while?

Blimey.

JL said...

Lucky petrols cheap huh?

RichardMajor86 said...

JL said...

Blimey.

Eh?

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

Full marks for mathematical creativity there, now try again :lol:

duncs500 said...

RichardMajor86 said...

JL said...

Blimey.

Eh?

100 / 30 X 100 = 3,000,000 donkey :roll:

--

Done.

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular