Forums > General > Proper pics of the beast.

PROPER PICS OF THE BEAST.
Previous | 1 | Next

As promised.
I knew that you could wait no longer.

Actually enjoyed taking it for a quick spin on some decent roads yesterday.
It has zero bodyroll so you end up just throwing it into roundabouts like a lunatic.
It grips extremely well, but with 205 T1R Proxes it would do, also there is not enough power to generate any understeer in the the dry.
In the wet at high revs it will start to push wide and as yet I haven't been able to provoke the rear into doing much.

But as far as the actual relevant factors go, it has a big boot for shopping, barely seems to use any petrol and hasn't broken yet.

--

Impreza WRX STi Spec-C V-Limited Toshi Arai Edition/ GTR/ Panda 100HP Pandamonium/ 316d

I like it, bodywork looks in great nick too.

Enough about the Little Tikes car, we want to know about the MG.

SSSNM

Despite all the abuse you're likely to get, didn't they actually get pretty good reviews when they came out?

For a cheap disposable runabout shed it looks very tidy.

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

They do go round corners well I remember my mate chucking his in to a round about and it just stuck. The fact that you have put "hasn't broken yet" must mean you don't have high expectations? ;)

--

For sure

integrale_evo said...

Despite all the abuse you're likely to get, didn't they actually get pretty good reviews when they came out?

No, not really. The ZS did & to a certain extent the ZT, but the ZR (even in 160 form) was felt to be a bit of a let down in comparison IIRC.

--

Cheers,

Gwaredd

steelesigns.co.uk

Ron Burgundy said...

They do go round corners well I remember my mate chucking his in to a round about and it just stuck. The fact that you have put "hasn't broken yet" must mean you don't have high expectations? ;)

Well my expectations have been warped by my recent BMW ownership experience... ;)

It does go round bends well, the lack of suspension and the fast rack makes it feel kartlike, as does, unfortunately, the steering wheel angle.

Christine took it for a drive yesterday and claimed it was "even more fun" than her Astra!!

--

Impreza WRX STi Spec-C V-Limited Toshi Arai Edition/ GTR/ Panda 100HP Pandamonium/ 316d

John said...

Enough about the Little Tikes car, we want to know about the MG.

I have been jealously eyeing up our youngest's car in the background of the second pic and considering it as a trade-up.
Wonder if he'll consider a part-ex?

--

It looks well,you could have spent a lot more money and got a lot less

It's polished up nicely, Mark. As I said in the original thread, I think you made a good choice.

--

Something witty goes here.....

Jorg Gray Ltd Edition Watch Number : 313631

It looks very tidy.

I bet you get at least one MG mega fan come up to you at the pumps in the next year and say something totally fanboi about the car.

--

Bunta's Tofu

Really like it Mark. What better car for the station run - cheap, economical, practical, doesn't mind being dented much and likes being thrown into corners.

p.s now that it has been fully valetted, don't forgot to not fall in love with it too much. Some dizzy bind at the station is going to scratch at least 2 panels in one go with her handbag in the not too distant future!

--

My Flickr

Invisible Speakers

THey are usually chavved up at the MacDonalds drive through near us. Nice wee cars although the dash was dated when the car was new.

My mate blew his head gasket driving it in a spirited fashion. His was the Rover 1.6 version.

Your driveway used to have a GTR parked next to a 750i on it. Now it has an Astra and an MG ZR. Do your neighbours now come round offering food parcels?

Jobbo said...

Your driveway used to have a GTR parked next to a 750i on it. Now it has an Astra and an MG ZR. Do your neighbours now come round offering food parcels?

You've been Mick...I mean Jobboed.

--

Out of step with the forum.

Jobbo said...

We shut the driveway gates more often to hide the shame.

--

It looks like a good honest little snotter. Very clean and tidy, cheap to run and fix, fun to drive. What's not to like when this is what it's been bought for.

I like cars like this. Honest and owing you very little money.

Top marks!!!

Mark BT52 said...

Jobbo said...

We shut the driveway gates more often to hide the shame.

A my other car is a GTR sticker has never been more necessary.

--

My Flickr

Invisible Speakers

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular